Gelish suddenly lifting, please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandstring

Reaction score
Hi guys, Ive been using Gelish for just over a year now, myself and my clients love it. Although in the last month, more and more of my clients are coming back complaining that Gelish is beginning to lift from the cuticle end and side walls. I have not changed my application at all, the only change has been the use of my new LED lamp. This obviously is very frustrating and I need to get to the bottom of this problem asap. If anyone has had similar problems or any idea at all, what might be the cause id be very grateful of any advise. Thanks x

Are you sure your clients are placing their fingers in the correct places in the lamp? The indents can be hard to find and it is important that their nails are directly under the bulbs.
I have glued small diamantes into the indents to help my clients locate them without staring into the lamp :eek: after I have switched it on lol!!

The only other thing is, do you think it is possible you are getting a bit complacent in your application and may have flooded the cuticles or sidewalls? Happens to the best of us if we lose concentration especially when chatting with regular clients !

Hi Ya

One thing I would say is......Gelish doesn't 'lift' !

Have you tried to go back to your UV lamp for a bit to see if it still happens?

Cant imagine it could be your lamp BUT if thats the only thing that is different (and your ensuring the nails are getting a full cure the clients hands are setting off the sensor correctly) you could try reverting back to the uv and ruling out a faulty lamp.

There must be a reason :D we just need to rule out the lamp first i'd say.

Is it the Harmony LED lamp you're using? If not all LED lamps are not the same and may just not be compatible with Gelish. I agree with Minkus, go back to your UV lamp, see if you still get the problems, if not you know what it is.

Is it the Harmony LED lamp you're using? If not all LED lamps are not the same and may just not be compatible with Gelish. I agree with Minkus, go back to your UV lamp, see if you still get the problems, if not you know what it is.

This is a very good point - if you are not using a Harmony LED lamp then you will have problems as Amber says, Gelish does not lift.

Where did you purchase your lamp from?

Another thing , do you have your LED plugged into an extension lead or straight I to the wall?
The only prob I had with mine was when it was plugged into an extension lead.

Another thing , do you have your LED plugged into an extension lead or straight I to the wall?
The only prob I had with mine was when it was plugged into an extension lead.

This is the second time I have seen this said......and I just don't understand it! :confused:

Both my LED and my CND UV lamp are plugged into the same extention lead to keep my wires neat and tidy, and I have no problems with either.

Can someone please explain to me why anything plugged into an extention lead will be different from when it is plugged directly into a socket.
I was not aware that electricity could be diluted!!

This is the second time I have seen this said......and I just don't understand it! :confused:

Both my LED and my CND UV lamp are plugged into the same extention lead to keep my wires neat and tidy, and I have no problems with either.

Can someone please explain to me why anything plugged into an extention lead will be different from when it is plugged directly into a socket.
I was not aware that electricity could be diluted!!

I think it's some extention leads .... Not all the one at my desk has my 2 CND lights and my led and desk light it's fine ,

But the one I used to have at my pedicure area had issues with the led,

I asked on Facebook what was up with my light they put me on to possibility of the extention cord , I switched it and it works fab now!

I rember at school doing the experiment with a battery and a row of light bulbs with out the right resister? In line the first bulb was bright the second dimmer and 3rd dim !

So maybe it's something like that? With cheaper extensions?

I guess it's a good reason for PAT testing and good quality extension plugs lol

Thanks for that, excellent explanation thankfully I have a good lead then;)
(would rep but I need to spread the love lol)

Thanks for that, excellent explanation thankfully I have a good lead then;)
(would rep but I need to spread the love lol)
hi everybody. i have big problem with gelish extension. i had used gelish hard gel to apply the gel extension.
_ push curticle back and then fife it by nail drill
_ used cleanser removed dust
_apply the tip , shape it and revoved the shinny of the tips too.
_ wipe it with cleanser
_apply ph bond and the probond cure for 30 second
_apply the gelish builder gel 1 thick coat and cure it in led lamp 60 second
_ apply the second thin coat and cure it
_apply gelish clear gel and cure it
_apply dry armor and cure it.
it always keep lifting and i had tryed apply 3 thin coat but it doesnt help still kepp lifting. im sure the gel not reach the skin but im really give up. hope anybody know the reason pls help. many thanks

I like the gluing diamante into the lamp idea izzydol.... Out of curiosity do you just glue them directly below the bulbs?

Tina rose have you attended a gelish course?

I like the gluing diamante into the lamp idea izzydol.... Out of curiosity do you just glue them directly below the bulbs?

Tina rose have you attended a gelish course?
hi . i dont attended at gelish couse. i just take a couse at the nail shop. i had tryed practice on my own nail so it didnt lift. the gel stay on my nail up to 3 weeks. but when i tryed on my friends, all of my friends said the gel lifting. many thanks

hi . i dont attended at gelish couse. i just take a couse at the nail shop. i had tryed practice on my own nail so it didnt lift. the gel stay on my nail up to 3 weeks. but when i tryed on my friends, all of my friends said the gel lifting. many thanks

I would recommend attending a course with nail harmony. Someone else has already pointed out one of the steps your going wrong at. You also don't use a drill on the natural nail, you will course serious damage to your clients.

I would recommend attending a course with nail harmony. Someone else has already pointed out one of the steps your going wrong at. You also don't use a drill on the natural nail, you will course serious damage to your clients.
no, i have had cure the probond 30 second . sorry i dont have free time to attend at nails couse now because when i had pratice on my nails and it didnt come off. so i want to tre to do for clients and i have got many clients but the gelish keep peeling off. that video doesnt help not the same way i had study on the shop. pls help, im really give up and cried so much about this problem.

But the way you learnt in a shop is not the correct way, that's why the video is different and that's why its not lasting on your clients. The best advice I can give you is to find time to attend the course, where they will teach you the proper way to use the product.

But the way you learnt in a shop is not the correct way, that's why the video is different and that's why its not lasting on your clients. The best advice I can give you is to find time to attend the course, where they will teach you the proper way to use the product.
i have had to tryed the way of video on youtube but it doesnt help. it's still lifting but at the shop why the clients doesnt have problem with the gel lifting. ok thank you anyway

I had problems with gelish lifting when I first started sometimes it was because I was flooding the sidewalks or not cleansing the nail enough but when it still happened I realised it was my dodgy lamp I stupidly brought off eBay since buying a decent lamp from a beauty supplier I have not had this problem.
So maby check out your lamp if you can't think of anything else maby it's failing

I find this very frustrating , you are doing it all wrong ! You are putting your clients at risk. You need to clearly go on the course , sorry if I sound harsh but it really annoys me when people are doing treatments on the public who aren't qualified !

Latest posts

Back