Gelish toes in 18g led lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sofia_sparkle

Reaction score
Hi all
Can I just ask how you all cure your clients toes in the 18g - do you totally pop the bottom off or balance the lamp over the foot with the plate underneath! I'm asking as have had to Freak occurances in the last couple of days with big toes not curing and guessing it must be down to placement as layers nice and thin x

I either get the client to slide their foot in or I place their foot on the metal base and pop the lamp over the top, ive not had any issues with the big toe not curing, I would get them to put their foot on the metal base so you can see exactly where their toes are then put the lamp over the top x

I either get the client to slide their foot in or I place their foot on the metal base and pop the lamp over the top, ive not had any issues with the big toe not curing, I would get them to put their foot on the metal base so you can see exactly where their toes are then put the lamp over the top x

Doesn't the magnet closure make it impossible for you to lift if off again? I keep my 18g on the table and use my 9g for toes. I don't bother with the metal plate (this is how I was trained), I just put it over the foot. I would do the same with the 18g.

Doesn't the magnet closure make it impossible for you to lift if off again? I keep my 18g on the table and use my 9g for toes. I don't bother with the metal plate (this is how I was trained), I just put it over the foot. I would do the same with the 18g.
Thanks for your replies it comes away easily enough and I was originally just doing without but read somewhere on here that the light may not work properly if plate wasn't underneath So changed my method and then had probs... Typical! Unfortunately most of the people I do wouldn't fit their feet in so will go back to doing without the plate x

Mine does lift off but to be honest I mostly just get the clients to slide their toes in anyway and havnt had any issues with the Gelish not curing.

Thanks for your replies it comes away easily enough and I was originally just doing without but read somewhere on here that the light may not work properly if plate wasn't underneath So changed my method and then had probs... Typical! Unfortunately most of the people I do wouldn't fit their feet in so will go back to doing without the plate x

Actually, I must have read the same thread and I then worried that I was doing it wrong. However, I have done at least 60 sets of toes without the plate with no problem. I have occasionally had problems with the little toe not curing, in which case, I rotate the lamp slightly or hold the little toe up with my finger under the lamp.

I know this thread is quite old but have a prob with the odd toe from time to time. Wondering whether I should check cure between layers of colour?

I don't use the plate for toes and I do one whole foot and then the other. I've got a pedi stool with a footrest so they just keep their foot on the rest for the whole item I'm doing it and I just pop the lamp on top to cure. I've found it much easier for the client this way as they don't have to keep swapping feet and the cure is so quick I don't think I would save any time painting the other foot while one is curing.

Latest posts

Back