Gelish users, can you tell me why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peartree

Reaction score
Hi geeks....

I have a elderly client who has been having Gelish once a month for a few months now with no problems up to now....

Her nails keep splitting really down low (too low to pull/cut off, ive used silk strip on them until they have grown a bit) and look really sore 😔

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

I will add that she has been into hospital and medication has changed... Could this be why?

I have taken Gelish off and she has returned to manicure with normal polish for time being.

Any help/suggestions would help
Many thanks 😊

It could be down to medication. Do you know if she has a thyroid condition as this is known to cause major ridges & chipping / flaking in the nails... At the end of the day you just need to emphasise the need for her to use solar oil every single day twice a day at least & this should help put some much needed moisture back into her nails

I had an elderly client that had similar troubles although she was an enhancement client. She had arthritis and very cold hands. Her nails were extremely brittle and would break half way down her nail plate. It improved significantly when she was regularly using her solar oil but she wouldnt keep up with it properly however much i nagged. I told her i couldnt treat her in the end. She suffered with so many breaks and issues, it just wasn't worth her money.

The mix of the medication and the slower blood flow to her hands, made her natural nails too weak for enhancements.

Your client really needs to care for her nails, keeping them at a sensible length and using oil often. Age and medication will effect her natural nail quality and she will need to follow a good home care routine to keep them in better condition xxx

Could it just be over buffing? I don't buff between removal and reap now. I was having some hydration issues too so tried to make sure cleaning ther nail plate was enough. :)

That's great... Thank you 😊

Buffing too much can cause this problem. It eventually thins the nails down.

Latest posts

Back