Gelish Vitagel instead of Foundation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hatty

Reaction score
Morning - we have always used Gelish Foundation but looking into using Vitagel as a base instead. Anyone else done this and does it work as well - no impact on longevity of the gelish? any feedback appreciated x

I just can't get away with it, other people might be having more luck but I've tried and tried and just give up in the end. X

Morning - we have always used Gelish Foundation but looking into using Vitagel as a base instead. Anyone else done this and does it work as well - no impact on longevity of the gelish? any feedback appreciated x
i would also like to know this!xx

I found Vitagel a bit of a let down to be honest. Gelish seemed to peel off easily. Tried several times on many people tweaking the application but I have taken in out of my price list now as it was so disappointing. Shame. .. I really wanted this product to be great. .. :(

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I found Vitagel worked well for the first and second application, it made the nails stronger, improved the condition and did not affect gel polish wear.

However, after that, the nails were almost over conditioned and the gel peeled off easily on clients. Like MiniMinx, I also stopped using it.

I've found the same. It works once or twice but then causes peeling.

I now use mine for my own nails, as I need to remove them weekly, so I find the removal quick and easy!

Thank you everyone- thanks for taking time to reply not sure I will bother x

I have used it and on it's own I get on with it at all but what I have Tryed is using the foundation and the the vitagel with it and it has worked but then your using more product than is needed ! Soo I don't think there is much point then ! Xx

I have tried so many different ways to make this product work. The. Best thing that seemed to work for me is to put the coats on very thinly, put a tiny drop of it on each nail and really scrub it in with a dry gel brush. Still doesn't last aswell as the normal foundation gel though x

Latest posts

Back