Gelish Vitagel Strength or Recovery-please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emster91

Reaction score
Hey geeks!

I've attached a picture of one of my new clients nails and as you can see they are really damaged. They are extremely weak and two nails continually split. They also have little white dots all over the nails.

Can anyone advise me on the best treatment to strengthen these nails?
I am considering buying gelish vitagel, would you recommend it? Also which one would be best... Strength or recovery?

How much would you charge for vitagel with gelish? and how often would the client need a new set?

I am only trained in gelish and natural nail manicure.

Thank you! Xxx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379323628.719933.jpg

Hi!

If you want to use Vitagel I would suggest Recovery as its designed for weak damaged nails but have you thought about using Structure gel for the first couple of sets to help with the split nails, I'd let the split ones grow out so they're all the same length keeping them short and then use vitagel after to repair them.

If your using Vitagel you reapply every 2 weeks instead of 3 weeks

HTH x

Thank you!

I think I will try structure gel first then. :)
I've read a few reviews about vitagel recovery and lots of people said that it peeled after a few days.
I still think its worth a try but I'll just try structure gel first.

Depends what you want to achieve structure gel is great for smoothing the nail before colour but it doesn't actually do anything to improve the condition. That said there is the methodical brain in me that says neither can vitagel! But I love the strength formula and applied correctly after a few goes it lasts for the upto two week treatment it us designed to. Nails are left stronger and condition improved I had a great success with it on some very badly damaged nail beds wish I'd taken a before pic! It is fab ❤

Really not too sure about Gelish but working with Bio Sculpture I simply apply a piece of silk over the damaged nail & then saturate it will the gel, cure & then refine with a file. Is this not something you could also do as the silk will give the nail the strength thats needed...

Latest posts

Back