Gelish...what will I still need?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldigga

Reaction score
I am so excited :D
I had been starting to save my pennies to do my gelish training and buy my kit,well my cousin was visiting yesterday and I was telling her about it,turns out she has the basic essential kit in the house unused or opened!
She had planned on doing a course last year but found out she was pregnant and so never bothered,she said its mine if I want it as its just lyin there gathering dust,this would be such a big help to me but she said its just the basic essentials: gelish cleanser,gelish remover,gelish PH bond,gelish soak of gel foundation,gelish soak of gel top it of.I was just wondering if anyone could advise what else I would need? and the best place to buy from? I know Sallys does stock some stuff but not sure what
I will be booking my course soon so just want to make sure I have everything I need to get started

Thanks x

I had been starting to save my pennies to do my gelish training and buy my kit,well my cousin was visiting yesterday and I was telling her about it,turns out she has the basic essential kit in the house unused or opened!
She had planned on doing a course last year but found out she was pregnant and so never bothered,she said its mine if I want it as its just lyin there gathering dust,this would be such a big help to me but she said its just the basic essentials: gelish cleanser,gelish remover,gelish PH bond,gelish soak of gel foundation,gelish soak of gel top it of.I was just wondering if anyone could advise what else I would need? and the best place to buy from? I know Sallys does stock some stuff but not sure what
I will be booking my course soon so just want to make sure I have everything I need to get started

Thanks x
You will need a manicure certificate to do the course & all you r manicure tools.
Give Nail Harmony a ring as they will have a list of things you will need to bring.

From your list you will need a 36w lamp & colour gel polishes.
Good luck with your training you will love it.x

I've just brought my gelish kit an started out with the starter set your talking about which if you have from family member will save you £48 plus vat (I think that's what I paid) then you will need either a 36w uv lamp ( Sally have one on offer at mo, was 99 plus vat now 49 plus vat) that's trade price or you can get the ld lamp that they have brought out its much quicker but cost 199 plus vat. Then it's just your gel polish that would would like

Thanks x

When you book your training, you will receive a training portfolio which will tell you what you need to take with you to do the course. You will not be allowed to use any other branded products on the day.
I have the info that I can send to you if you pm me your email address, but it would be just as easy to ring NH and ask them to email it to you.

Thanks Ladies :p

Yes ive got my manicure cert and ive done NSI Acrylic foundation aswell,just heard so much buzz about gelish I had to get in on it lol.I have a 36w lamp aswell its not a NH one but I had spoke to a gelish educator and she said although they advise u to buy a gelish lamp 36w UV will do,I hope to save my money and invest in one eventually.

I had seen in some of the kits they had a gel brush,would I need one of these aswell? Also they had files and buffers? x

When you book your training, you will receive a training portfolio which will tell you what you need to take with you to do the course. You will not be allowed to use any other branded products on the day.
I have the info that I can send to you if you pm me your email address, but it would be just as easy to ring NH and ask them to email it to you.

Thanks I will PM u my email
I did speak to my local educator but she just emailed me the full kit price
Thanks again x

yes, you'll need a harmony gel brush (square size 6 or 7) to french polish and another gle brush (a cheap one from sallys will be fine) for dry brushing.

I took EVERYTHING to my training, and didnt need tools or lamp lol
Also some cotton wool pads/lint free wipes for cleansing and removal and some mundo(or equivalent) tool spray.

coliurs, we needed 2 colours plus french white. I took Sweet chocolate, Bellas vampire and red roses along with Sheek white and ambience for french.
xx

yes, you'll need a harmony gel brush (square size 6 or 7) to french polish and another gle brush (a cheap one from sallys will be fine) for dry brushing.

I took EVERYTHING to my training, and didnt need tools or lamp lol
Also some cotton wool pads/lint free wipes for cleansing and removal and some mundo(or equivalent) tool spray.

coliurs, we needed 2 colours plus french white. I took Sweet chocolate, Bellas vampire and red roses along with Sheek white and ambience for french.
xx

How did u find the training?
Was it very benefitial?

x

How did u find the training?
Was it very benefitial?

x

Definately!! I was using Gelish for a while before I did the training, and its worth every penny. We were taught how to use structure gel, how to apply tips to repair a breakage (i ve never ever done tips in my life!), layering and playing with magneto and its just well worth having someone watching and to chat to to check you're doing everything correctly, and to ask for advice with any problems and also to have someone to contact after the course to help you out with any problems.
Also confidence wise! I had very little confidence doing Gelish on clients, and now, I have oodles on confidence becasue I know im doing it all correctly. My problem is just getting clients! lol (school holidays put stop to everything)
xx

Kit from your cousin
Uv or led lamp
At least three gelish colours
Lint free nail wipes
Towels
Files
Good luck hun youll love course X

Kit from your cousin
Uv or led lamp
At least three gelish colours
Lint free nail wipes
Towels
Files
Good luck hun youll love course X

Thank u so much :p x

So my cousin has just dropped off my gelish kit :biggrin:
I have been sitting looking at it now and reading all the labels for about 20 mins lol just dying to have a play! will need to have a look at what colours to get now....hmmm.Quick question though is the NH cleanse meant to smell similar to the the soak off,both have a slight nail polish remover smell,Im only used to the NSI cleanse and that doesn't smell like that

x

Latest posts

Back