Gelish wiping off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmo

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I used Gelish exhale for the first time last night and when I wiped the top layer lots of the colour came off on the wipe and left it all patchy looking?
I've never had this happen before!! Any ideas? X

**sorry the title should obviously say gelish-iPhone :(**

Last edited:
Hi...sorted your title lol!!

As for the colour wiping off, this can happen if your Top it Off topcoat hasn't been applied properly. If the TIO is applied evenly over the surface and caps the free edge then this shouldn't happen.

Hey ladies,

I used Gelish exhale for the first time last night and when I wiped the top layer lots of the colour came off on the wipe and left it all patchy looking?

Hi,

What has most likely happened here is that you didn't fully cover your colour coats with Top it Off to seal in the colour layers.
Make sure you completely cover your colour, including down into the sidewalls too with your Tip it Off and you should be fine.

I have had this problem too but with only one colour - all the others are fine! Maybe because it is dark brown I think I have covered it when it hasn't! Learn a new thing every day!

Hey ladies,

Assuming you did use top it off :biggrin:

Patchy? ...was it 'dull' could sounds possibly like undercuring, what lamp have you got..all the bulbs ok etc? Are you curing for the correct length of time, are you using the Gelish 'cleanse' to remove.

Clients hands WERE properly positioned in the lamp for the full cure time? ( i have some clients try and go in an out of the lamp whilst on and off replying to text messages!)

Just trying to elimiate a few things.:wink2:

Latest posts

Back