Gelish with foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
Morning lovely geeks :)

I have just been watching videos with nail art foils...... I'm in love, I want them and need them lol
I just had a quick question... Can they be used with gelish? Do you apply the gelish top it off on top or do you apply the foils after and then use a top coat?

Thanks ;)

P.S. if anyone has any photos of gelish with foils feel free to post pics :)

Morning lovely geeks :)

I have just been watching videos with nail art foils...... I'm in love, I want them and need them lol
I just had a quick question... Can they be used with gelish? Do you apply the gelish top it off on top or do you apply the foils after and then use a top coat?

Thanks ;)

P.S. if anyone has any photos of gelish with foils feel free to post pics :)

It depends what type of foil you want to use.

If it's transfer foils which you can pick up from any craft store or online, (I got mine online from foil play). I use shellac but it's the same concept for gelish. Do all pep work, base and all of you colour coats. Then take a small piece of the foil and place on tacky layer and rip off. You do this as much as you want til you get your desired effect. Then top coat and cure. You can apply 2 top coats if you want.

With nail foils you usually need the adhesive that goes with them. For these I'd finish shellac or gelish off completely. Apply adhesive where you want foils to go then apply the foil then top coat.

Fingernailfixer has videos of the transfer foil on her Facebook page and on you tube so check those out.

HTH x

I have used nail foils with gelish. Prep, base coat, 2 x colour coat then wipe and apply foil adhesive wait for it to clear as normal, apply foil to desired finish, then TIO - voila! They looked great and had no advese effect on the longeivity of the Gelish application, I'll try and dig out a pic x

Fab thanks ladies I'll order some and give it a go :) I like the lace look foils xxx

Latest posts

Back