Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jo-jo

Reaction score
Hi im just getting started going mobile, has anybody used and can recommened gelish? also im guessing it doesnt matter which brand of led lamp you buy,it will work with all nail systems? just thinking of using gelish until i can afford cnd or bio training in a few months time,as buying everything from scratch is costing me a small fortune!!:D

Gelish polish is all I use. I love it. Can't fault it, and lots of colours to choose from

It does matter which brand Of LED lamp you use for Gelish, it needs to be the Hand & Nail Harmony one. If you want to use a UV lamp then any 36 watt lamp will suffice.

I use nothing but Gelish nowadays for my mobile appointments. And for its' size and versatility I use the Gelish Pro 45 LED lamp for mobile appointments. However, I use the Artistic LED lamps in my shop at my table and the PNI Rapidcure LED lamps at my pedi station. You just need to know the different cure times for each lamp.

Hi im just getting started going mobile, has anybody used and can recommened gelish? also im guessing it doesnt matter which brand of led lamp you buy,it will work with all nail systems? just thinking of using gelish until i can afford cnd or bio training in a few months time,as buying everything from scratch is costing me a small fortune!!:D

It is only going to cost you significantly more in the long run to buy a load of different systems and the lamps to go with each one! My advice .. stick to the CND UV Lamp which will cure CND when you decide to invest in it (and CND MUST be used ONLY with its own lamp) but as it is also a 36 watt UV Lamp it will also cure any other gel that will cure with a 36 watt lamp (including Gelis). I wouldn't bother with LED just now if you are trying to save. It will be much more versatile to get the CND UV Lamp (and it is a cracking good lamp); it will also be your most cost effective option.

I love Gelish, I started off with a UV lamp and now have the 18G Led lamp which I love. It doesn't have to be too expensive to start off, you can probably get all your bits and pieces, a UV lamp and 6 colours, top, base etc. for about £200-£250 ish and you can build up colours as you go along.

I can vouch for Gelish too but agree with Geeg that if you're definitely going to do CND in the future, get the CND lamp as you can use it with Gelish too. You dont have to have the Nail Harmony lamp to use Gelish, I have been using a 36w lamp I bought from Sally's for the last 12 months and have never, ever had a problem with it. (the LED lamps are so expensive!).

I know a nail tech who offers Shellac and Gelish as some clients prefer one over the other but she uses them both pretty equally.

Ah that's interesting, as I have been using my OPI GelColor LED lamp for Gelish as the thought having another lamp on my table! I haven't had any service issues, but will use my CND lamp then from now on....

thank you all for your replies!:D

Ah that's interesting, as I have been using my OPI GelColor LED lamp for Gelish as the thought having another lamp on my table! I haven't had any service issues, but will use my CND lamp then from now on....

I'm sure you can use you OPI LED with Gelish, check with Nail Harmony:D

Latest posts

Back