Gellux 90 second option?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.csglitzandglam

Reaction score
I am new with the gellux brand. And as far as I am aware every layer of gel polish is cured for only 30s. The topcoat 60s.

What is the need for the 90 second timer option?

Also I’ve not done any removal of the gellux as of yet.. but I’ve seen reviews that it’s a nightmaire!! I’m hoping that’s not the case

I only use the mini lamp so 30s for all the layers. It is hard to get off but as long as your put your layers on thin then it’s not too bad

I only use the mini lamp so 30s for all the layers. It is hard to get off but as long as your put your layers on thin then it’s not too bad

I have 2 of the mini lamps also but I haven’t used them as of yet as I feel they are too small. I didn’t realise they would be as small as they are. I have the big gellux lamp but I can’t fit the thumbs in at the same time.

Do you know if I can cure other gels in the gellux lamp? Gelish for example?

I have got a 48w led lamp. I’m not sure how long i could cure gellux in there, surely it would be a lot less than 30 seconds?

I have 2 of the mini lamps also but I haven’t used them as of yet as I feel they are too small. I didn’t realise they would be as small as they are. I have the big gellux lamp but I can’t fit the thumbs in at the same time.

Do you know if I can cure other gels in the gellux lamp? Gelish for example?

I have got a 48w led lamp. I’m not sure how long i could cure gellux in there, surely it would be a lot less than 30 seconds?

I would never use a different lamp to cure other gels as you’re not supposed to, I only got the mini one as that was what we needed when I did the training, I just do all the fingers and do the thumbs together

I would never use a different lamp to cure other gels as you’re not supposed to, I only got the mini one as that was what we needed when I did the training, I just do all the fingers and do the thumbs together

So you cure all fingers and then do both thumbs last?

Ive got the black lamp it cures for upto 60 seconds its also got a 10 sec flash cure and a 30 second cure button. I can fit the whole hand in and then i can take out the hand insert to cure toes.

Ive got the black lamp it cures for upto 60 seconds its also got a 10 sec flash cure and a 30 second cure button. I can fit the whole hand in and then i can take out the hand insert to cure toes.

Maybe your lamp is the newer gellux lamp that can cure in only 10 seconds? I have the white gellux lamp, and it needs to be cured for 30

I am new with the gellux brand. And as far as I am aware every layer of gel polish is cured for only 30s. The topcoat 60s.

What is the need for the 90 second timer option?

Also I’ve not done any removal of the gellux as of yet.. but I’ve seen reviews that it’s a nightmaire!! I’m hoping that’s not the case

I trained in gellux, and as far as I am aware all coats are 30 seconds cure. I trained almost 2 years ago so unless there's been a massive change , continue with 30 seconds only as it will be harder to remove. However as the above post says the black lamp is a faster cure , so check with gellux themselves.
Hard gel or gel in the pots, or gellux cover may well be the gels that will need the 90 second slow setting to prevent a heat spike. Check with them directly to clarify is my opinion, to be sure.

I trained in gellux, and as far as I am aware all coats are 30 seconds cure. I trained almost 2 years ago so unless there's been a massive change , continue with 30 seconds only as it will be harder to remove. However as the above post says the black lamp is a faster cure , so check with gellux themselves.
Hard gel or gel in the pots, or gellux cover may well be the gels that will need the 90 second slow setting to prevent a heat spike. Check with them directly to clarify is my opinion, to be sure.

Thankyou. I will message gellux directly, and ask them for some advice. Also, you’ve trained for 2 years.. is it really tricky to remove? Have you any tips? I was using gelish, but I was mixing products and results leaded to peeling. Now I have 140 gellux colours and lamp. Haven’t yet had to remove any gellux gel. They’ve all only been applications recently

Maybe your lamp is the newer gellux lamp that can cure in only 10 seconds? I have the white gellux lamp, and it needs to be cured for 30
I still need to cure for 30 second after the 10 second flash the 10 seconds is only for flash curing. Gellux decided to install a flash cure into the newest lamp to help with troubleshooting as some gel colours need a flash cure to stop shrinkage its basically putting 2 fingers at a time for 10 seconds. Theres no reason why you cant manually flash cure by turning the lamp off after 10 seconds

Thankyou. I will message gellux directly, and ask them for some advice. Also, you’ve trained for 2 years.. is it really tricky to remove? Have you any tips? I was using gelish, but I was mixing products and results leaded to peeling. Now I have 140 gellux colours and lamp. Haven’t yet had to remove any gellux gel. They’ve all only been applications recently

I remember my first removal... thought it would never come off !!!

Always file the top coat off so that some colour is visible as filings, but do it gently so that you don't go right through to the nail plate.

Don't use their remover it was rubbish as it was not pure acetone.... you can apply a little cuticle oil before wrapping if you are concerned about the fingers being in acetone.... it will also help to keep the softened gel from re- hardening.

Start with say the thumb as it is the largest nail and wrap until you get to finish all 10 nails. Little finger on each hand last of course. This may take you 10 or 15 mins to do so you are eady to start scraing it off.

Check progress on thumb after you have finished wrapping all 10, and using a scraper tool try and remove. It does sometimes crumble off like a wax crayon if that makes sense.

If it is still stubborn re-wrap., adding a little more acetone

Don't use bonder on the entire nail plate as it will be a real pain to remove

If you struggle in future , they do an easy off base coat that may be worth trialling.

When is the day for your first removal? I will be thinking of you.
RosieR

Latest posts

Back