Gellux and loose glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrubadub

Reaction score
Looking for advice on gellux gel polish. I did my training in it and use it on myself, at work I use gelish and shellac.

When at work if I want to use loose glitter I just brush it onto the cured colour coat and it sticks then I put the colour coat on top, with gellux I am finding that this doesn’t work as it doesn’t seem sticky enough!

Can anyone who uses gellux please advise!

Hi, I use Gellux and Magpie Glitter and so far not had any problems, I do my coats of colour and pat the glitter onto the inhibition layer with Magpies detailer brush, I do use a bit of pressure and only pat in one spot once or twice, this always covers nicely for me. Have you tried any other ways of doing it rather than just brushing on? xx

Hi, I use Gellux and Magpie Glitter and so far not had any problems, I do my coats of colour and pat the glitter onto the inhibition layer with Magpies detailer brush, I do use a bit of pressure and only pat in one spot once or twice, this always covers nicely for me. Have you tried any other ways of doing it rather than just brushing on? xx

Solved it by putting fast bond over the colour doing the glitter fade then putting the top coat on

Some brands have more of an inhibition layer than others. Cured base coat (any brand) always provides a great tacky layer if you need if for glitters or foils :)

Latest posts

Back