Gellux course, offering Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hausofhana

Reaction score
I am tempted to do a Salon Services 'Gellux' course next week in Glasgow, it is very fairly priced and I can travel through easily enough.

Noone in my area has heard of Gellux and Gelish is the real hot button! I have started my Gelish collection, top coat and Spicy fortune.. My question is, can I offer Gelish if I have trained with Gellux?

Please no comments telling me to train with Gelish as I just can't afford it just now, and want to see if it will take off first!

Xxx

Come on, I know at least one of you geeks can answer this lol!?

You need to check with your insurer. Some will only cover you if you have done the brand-specific training.

You need to check with your insurer. Some will only cover you if you have done the brand-specific training.

True, & also to do gellux, a manicure course isn't required, but to purchase gelish it is. are you mani/pedi trained OP? X

i would save up and do the gelish course, don't use on clients til you've done it !!!

I don't understand your logic Hana. Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you've no intention of offering Gellux what's the point in doing the course? All of the systems have their nuances. If you want to offer Gelish then do the training for Gelish, otherwise you're cutting corners and shortchanging your clients IMHO.

From your previous posts I seem to remember you're training to be an English teacher? Well if someone had said to you come and do a degree in Russian instead cos it's cheaper, but hey, it's nearly the same - you'd have said they were crazy, right?! :D

True, & also to do gellux, a manicure course isn't required, but to purchase gelish it is. are you mani/pedi trained OP? X

No, I am planning to do a manicure night course at my local college in September!

Xxx

I don't understand your logic Hana. Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you've no intention of offering Gellux what's the point in doing the course? All of the systems have their nuances. If you want to offer Gelish then do the training for Gelish, otherwise you're cutting corners and shortchanging your clients IMHO.

From your previous posts I seem to remember you're training to be an English teacher? Well if someone had said to you come and do a degree in Russian instead cos it's cheaper, but hey, it's nearly the same - you'd have said they were crazy, right?! :D

Yeah I totally see your point, I didn't realise there was such a huge difference between the actual products, I was just thinking purely of the prep and actual technique.

Haha that's brilliant! Very true indeed

Xxx

Hi can anyone tell me what training do i need to do gellux i have no previous nail experience i dont no where to start please help thanks

Hi can anyone tell me what training do i need to do gellux i have no previous nail experience i dont no where to start please help thanks

To do the gelux course you don't need any previous experience. HTH x

You need a mani certificate at least to get insured and most insurers will require you to have done specific training in the product you want to offer.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back