Gellux mini LED lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stefm80

Reaction score
What's everyone's opinion on the Gellux mini LED lamp? I am studying beauty therapy level 2 and we are using Gellux for the gel nails part of the course. I've never used Gellux, is it a brand worth investing in or shall I just stick with the basic kit and look at changing to a different brand once qualified?

If I were you I'd stick with your basic kit to start with and see what you think of Gellux. I haven't used it myself so can't comment, but it's better to concentrate on one system whilst you're learning so you can perfect your technique. Does the Gellux Mini LED lamp come with your kit?

I use gellux and love it, we use gelish and shellac at work and it is way better! When I did this qualification at college I had to get the starter kit which came with the lamp

If I were you I'd stick with your basic kit to start with and see what you think of Gellux. I haven't used it myself so can't comment, but it's better to concentrate on one system whilst you're learning so you can perfect your technique. Does the Gellux Mini LED lamp come with your kit?

My kit does come with the lamp. I gave it a go over the weekend, it seems to be ok, no problems yet. There's just so many gel brands out there it's confusing as to which one to use!

My kit does come with the lamp. I gave it a go over the weekend, it seems to be ok, no problems yet. There's just so many gel brands out there it's confusing as to which one to use!

It depends what you want out of the product! Gellux is very hardwearing and can be difficult to remove but you get used to it and most of my regulars get 3 weeks wear! Gelish is also good but only lasts 2 weeks usually and shellac can be hit and miss with how long it lasts due to how much the clients follow aftercare

Gellux is the only thing I have ever used and I do love it, it is a bit of annoyance to remove at first, my removal time is about 20 minutes at the mo. I use the mini LED lamp when I do my mobile treatments and to be honest has been a godsend when on the road with how compact it is and easy to travel with, that being said, I do prefer my normal sized lamp just for ease. You can easily fit 4 fingers in the mini and do the thumbs separately, and I have done gel toes with no problems at all. Good luck with your course!!

Thank you! I'm loving the course so far. Just completed a Sienna-x spray tan course which was great fun. We start doing gels in February.

Latest posts

Back