Gellux removal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahknm

Reaction score
Ok so I am looking into Gellux and have trawled through the threads for reviews. My wholesaler tells me that it selling really well but one of my concerns is the amount of people saying that it is hard to remove. Has anyone had any positive outcomes or is it always really time consuming. Thank in advance for any comments:lol:

Mine wouldn't soak off, I had to buff it off my nails. Took ages... :-(

Thanks for that just worried if I start doing them I will look unproffesional when it comes to remmoving them.

I think with this product its vital to do the course. I have also read a lot of feedback to poor removal, also people that couldn't remove the product, done the course and then realised how easy it was to use.

it is important to do the course to fully understand how to remove this product. and also the application. it does not take forever to remove and i can do it in the time it says it should take. all i can say is the 'Gellux expert' trained me and i am not dissapointed with anything...it's amazing!!!

well i did the course and still had problems with removal on some colours on some nails. I found that Salon Systems weren't much help tbh but they are aware of it. One of the girls on the course was wearing gellux and even the trainer had a problem removing hers.

I've done a bit of trial and error on myself and friends/family for removal and seem to have found an answer that works for me. I've had problems with the very dark pigment colours but now find that if I apply heat after they're wrapped, I use a wheat pack on top of the fingers, it comes away as it should a little quicker than the time recommended.

I'm continuing to try that method and if I get success across all colours that have been a problem then I'll let Salon Systems know and maybe they can offer it as advice. I have to be honest and say they phoned me after I posted on their facebook and have been really lovely, if a little vague!

Hope that helps
Tracy

the wheat pack sounds interesting.. what is that, never heard of it lol. some peoples nails are difficult to remove it from so it might be a reason. i'd love to try something that works quicker for removals if you don't mind sharing x

No problems, it's (as it sounds) a material sack, the one I use is about 3" x 5" which you heat up in the microwave for a minute or so. Usually used for people with muscle aches to give heat relief but I find they are enough to generate a bit of extra heat for the foils and remover to work a bit quicker.

I got mine in a garden centre I think years ago, but they're pretty common place now

HTH
x

I actually posted them on their facebook and they said to file the top layer off first. Is it only Salon systems that do the training I have actually bought gellux from my local wholesaler.

its training solutions that provide the courses. and the product is by salon system profile range. i did my training through a wholesaler. maybe a heated mitt would do the same as a wheat pack..i'm going to try both methods for experiment.lol it's each to their own when it comes to product preference. what ever brand you use is deffinatley far better than traditional polish lol

I love Gellux and have no problems with it . I brought one of those nail electric buffers and its great . Buff top layer off and then follow the steps and wrap up for about 10-15mins and removes easy :0)

I don't buff gellux at all. My ladies have noticed no difference between gelish and gellux. The gellux is soaked off with wraps in twenty minutes max. Some colours are more stubborn. Wheat bag works, or holding their cup of yea haha :)

Ok so I am looking into Gellux and have trawled through the threads for reviews. My wholesaler tells me that it selling really well but one of my concerns is the amount of people saying that it is hard to remove. Has anyone had any positive outcomes or is it always really time consuming. Thank in advance for any comments:lol:

i used gellux and i must say i was very impressed until it came to getting it off!! this stuff stuck so hard to my nails that i cudnt remove it either with the gel soak off liquid by profile nor with acetone, in fact this melted my natural nail and even started shrinking the nail and causing it to curl into my skin? i did everything correctly and followed the correct instructions now i am so scared to try this product again can anyone please shed some light on wht this may off happened please

Latest posts

Back