Gellux repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlie

Reaction score
Hello fellow Geeks...

Wonder if anyone can help me out please.I have been doing Gellux for a few weeks now & have been getting on great with it,having lots of re-book & word of mouth booking etc.However I have one lady (my slimming world consultant) who has managed to split her natural nail about a 1/4 of the way across on two nails.She thinks she is to blame as she has been lifting heavy boxes...possibly some of the fault lies with her,but I think it might be me to blame...She had Gellux french,and I haven't done many of these & when I apply colours I do base-colour-colour-topcoat,but with her french I did base-colour-white smile-topcoat...if you get me..so the gel would not be as thick would it?! So..Help I have made a booking to go and sort it for her,but whats my best course of action? Can I repair the broken nail? & can I apply another layer of topcoat to rest of nails strengthen? or do I have to remove & reapply?

Thank you xx

I would remove and reapply if the nail is in a suitable condition for it to be reapplied

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I would remove and reapply but I also put 2 very thin coats of the white on to strengthen the tip when doing French. X

Same remove and reapply.
Maybe use a pink to add strength. Pink ice or Rosie Anna. Might be good.
My nails often break underneath gellux, the gel polish will give some strength but not as much as a gel. Hth :)

I would remove it and apply silk or fibreglass repair before reapplying as if its already split part way, gellux won't prevent it splitting all the way really x

Yes,I thought this was the answer! Hey,ho.Thanks all xx

I know it's no good for now but i use gelish structure gel for repairing splits and it's great. x

Latest posts

Back