Gellux/Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail2nail

Reaction score
Hey All

New to Salon Gekk and the nail business! I have recently done a course in Gellux but have been using Shellac prior to this. It sounds bad but I think the Gellux looks cheap compared to Shellac but I think I may buy some supplies and give it a try and se what clients prefer. Can anyone give me any advice/info on both products whether good or bad please!? :biggrin:

Hey hun, if you use the search option there are loads of threads with info on them all and their pros/cons etc xxx

If your already using Shellac before training in Gellux they dont you already have stock ? Sorry i might be reading it wong .
Welcome to salon geek . :) x

If your already using Shellac before training in Gellux they dont you already have stock ? Sorry i might be reading it wong .
Welcome to salon geek . :) x
I have some stock of Shellac but I didnt need to buy any Gellux for doing the Gellux course, all matrials were supplied for use on the training day. Im just wondering if its worth me buying Gellux or sticking with Shellac? and what the pros/cpns are from people who have possibly used both or prefer one to the other, that kind of thing :)

Hey hun, if you use the search option there are loads of threads with info on them all and their pros/cons etc xxx
Thanks :) still trying to work my way around this site haha xxx

I personally don't think there is any comparison between Gellux and Shellac. Shellac is in a league of its own. For a start Shellac is not a gel it's a power polish. Secondly Shellac is from the award winning CND. I have been using Shellac for 2 years now and wouldn't ever consider changing. My clients love it. I have a couple of clients that are slightly harsh with their nails and for them I find an extra coat of top coat makes all the difference. I have one client that no matter what I say about solar oil, wearing gloves cleaning etc, she fails to comply and openly admits this, so for her I prep her nail for a gel application, add a layer of Young Nails ManiQ clear soak off gel, I miss out the Shellac base coat then go onto colour coats. I advised her fully that it takes away from the benifit of the shellac as im having to use a gel layer whic means a different prep. My client was happy for me to do this. I do however charge her accordingly. This saves having to purchase a full gel polish system for those clients that need a bit extra strength.

Good luck with whatever you decide x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back