Gellux shrinking help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

skippy87

Reaction score
Hey

I did my sister nails today with gellux and before i even cured it all the polish had shrunk and disapeared around the edges so i had to apply the polish again and get it under the lamp before it shrunk again. :Scared:

Has this happend to anyone before? why is it doing this? Really hope someone can help me.

Katy:)

Reaction score
you could try painting and curing 2 nails at a time until you get faster at applying them? hope this helps :biggrin:

Lauz012

Reaction score
Hi I use gellux and found that was happenin to me under a uv light as soon as I switched to the gellux led lamp it was fine you just need to work quick that also seemed to help me

skippy87

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. so is this happening because
1 im not quick enough in applying the product to all of the nails and
2 because the base has already been under the lamp and its shrinking because of that?

Lauz012

Reaction score
Yeah the colour coat will shrink to wear the base coat has cured r u using the led lamp

skippy87

Reaction score

Lauz012

Reaction score
That might be why try making sure the base coat is fully covered and try doing 2 fingers then curing see if that helps let me no how u go on x

skippy87

Reaction score
That might be why try making sure the base coat is fully covered and try doing 2 fingers then curing see if that helps let me no how u go on x
I will try that later on my mother in law and see how it goes. Will let you know thanks x :)

skippy87

Reaction score
Evening all

well i tried what you suggested i did 2 nails and then cured then did the other 3. i did 1 hand at a time. on the 1st hand none of the polish shrunk at all.

so i thought i would try doing all 5 on the other hand at the same time and it was fine. but i did use a very pale colour but i didnt see any shinking on it.
I am going to try again tomorrow on my own nails with a darker colour and see what happens. x

butterfly :)

Reaction score
hya yeah you need to work fast to prevent the shrinkage, light colours are not too bad for this but some darks can be a little tricky...I still use my uv lamp & have no problems with it. x

Emily Case

Reaction score
You could paint each finger and then flash cure for 10 seconds to lock the free edge in place before continuing to the next? It may help a little to ensure it doesn't shrink back before the full cure.

Xx

Latest posts