Gellux shrinking help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skippy87

Reaction score
Hey

I did my sister nails today with gellux and before i even cured it all the polish had shrunk and disapeared around the edges so i had to apply the polish again and get it under the lamp before it shrunk again. :Scared:

Has this happend to anyone before? why is it doing this? Really hope someone can help me.

you could try painting and curing 2 nails at a time until you get faster at applying them? hope this helps :biggrin:

Hi I use gellux and found that was happenin to me under a uv light as soon as I switched to the gellux led lamp it was fine you just need to work quick that also seemed to help me

Thanks for your replies. so is this happening because
1 im not quick enough in applying the product to all of the nails and
2 because the base has already been under the lamp and its shrinking because of that?

Yeah the colour coat will shrink to wear the base coat has cured r u using the led lamp

That might be why try making sure the base coat is fully covered and try doing 2 fingers then curing see if that helps let me no how u go on x

That might be why try making sure the base coat is fully covered and try doing 2 fingers then curing see if that helps let me no how u go on x

I will try that later on my mother in law and see how it goes. Will let you know thanks x :)

Evening all

well i tried what you suggested i did 2 nails and then cured then did the other 3. i did 1 hand at a time. on the 1st hand none of the polish shrunk at all.

so i thought i would try doing all 5 on the other hand at the same time and it was fine. but i did use a very pale colour but i didnt see any shinking on it.
I am going to try again tomorrow on my own nails with a darker colour and see what happens. x

hya yeah you need to work fast to prevent the shrinkage, light colours are not too bad for this but some darks can be a little tricky...I still use my uv lamp & have no problems with it. x

You could paint each finger and then flash cure for 10 seconds to lock the free edge in place before continuing to the next? It may help a little to ensure it doesn't shrink back before the full cure.

Xx

Latest posts

Back