Gellux shrunk and wrinkled!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crunchy

Reaction score
Hiya,
I am really new to this Gellux lark, only qualified a few weeks ago, but I've already done quite a few sets of nails with no problem.

Today I was doing a wedding party including the bride, so obviously wanted them to be perfect, so imagine my absolute horror when I was doing the bride's toenails in oriental poppy and the gel kept shrinking and wrinkling but only on her big toes! The rest of the toe nails were ok, but I did find that the little ones did look like it had melted a bit. I took the big toes off and did them again, but the gel still shrunk, but didn't wrinkle this time, thank god as I could feel the panic rising. The bride was happy with the end result, but I said she didn't have to pay for them, as I wasn't 100% happy with them.

I cured the nails for the set time, 30s under the LED lamp, but I just don't know why it happened just on her big toenails. I didn't have any problem on any of the other girls nails, and I was doing hands and feet.

I was doing them at 1pm today, in my conservatory, so I don't know if that would make any difference as it was really hot even with the massive fan that was going??

Any advice would be appreciated, as I have clients booked in all of next week and as I am trying to build up my business, I want to do a really good job on everyone. Also I don't want to have to keep giving discounts, as I'll never make any money.

Conservatories are a big no for carrying out a gel polish manicure :(
Wrinkling is usually through the application being too thick ?! X

Thanks for the reply. I have done all of the other gellux manicures in the conservatory and haven't had a problem. Is it the sun then that is the problem cos of the UV rays? I did try and make the application as thin as possible, but I will work on this. I have actually bought a different brush as was thinking of perhaps using this instead of the gellux brushes, as my friend who applies bio sculpture uses the same type of brush and says that it applies the product much better, but then thats suited to that particular product?

I find that if I dnt work quick with gellux it shrinks to took me weeks to master it but finally got it dnt no weather that could have something to do with it

Latest posts

Back