Gellux training advertised as Shellac!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcouture

Reaction score
I received my offers flyer in the post today from Eclipse beauty supplies and noticed that on the training courses it has been worded 'Gellux (shellac) training, £80+vat'. Do you think this is a bit cheeky and maybe sone therapists who aren't as aware of the different brands will book it thinking they are being trained as shellac?

Definitely mislead! 2 different products by 2 different manufacturers I think they are trying to dupe people personally. I would steer clear!

Bit ironic really, when you consider that CND Shellac training is actually cheaper (£50 plus VAT).......:rolleyes:

They are key word spamming the word Shellac & are in breach of something for sure ... But seeings as though they havent said CND Shellac there really won't be much anyone can do as Shellac isnt patented..

Exactly what I was thinking about the word shellac not being patented. They are clearly trying to use the name to get people to book. I definitely wouldn't even consider doing that course!

Gellux training is only £45+vat at capital h+b! So not only is it keyword spamming, it's a rip off!

CND Shellac is such a winning product with great, honest marketing unfortunately there are many companies that want to ride off the back of CND's success. This will sadly always be the way as some companies are more concerned by the money they make then providing great, knowledgeable training.

Perhaps the training provider should take a class themselves so they can understand how and why CND Shellac is actually so unique! :biggrin:

Might be worth forwarding a copy to S2 - not sure what, if anything, they can do but they're the people to contact I would think.

Might be worth forwarding a copy to S2 - not sure what, if anything, they can do but they're the people to contact I would think.

I don't think they can do anything at all if the word shellac is a generic term and not a patented name.

A company advertised in the courses part on salon geek a few months ago (won't mention any names incase I get into trouble lol)

when I clicked on there website it said shellac training with full kit for £xx (load of tosh) they had all cnd pictures on web when I phoned to enquire i asked a lot of questions & in the end the lady said well it actually isn't shellac but very similar. I just ended the call :eek:

why should they be able to do this?? x

Last edited:
Completely agree! I actually wrote a formal complaint to Eclipse head office about this as I went on the training not really knwoing the difference between the different brands. Complete RIP OFF! Whats even worse is that I am actually STILL waiting for a reply from my letter..I wrote to them in April, hmmmmm!

Just an update on this topic, I received another flyer from this beauty warehouse today and they are still advertising the gellux training but they have taken the word 'shellac' out of the advertisement :) small victory I think!

Latest posts

Back