Gellux

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nina79

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to gel nails. I'm having so many problems with gelux.... In fact I want to give up. Someone has told to use shellac. What are your thoughts please.

i use shellac and love it but am just looking into adding a gel polish, was looking at Gellux what problems are you having with it? is removal hard to do? heard its hard to get off x

Originally trained in Gellux before re- training in shellac. Gellux in my opinion is a waste of time & money. It is a nice gel don't get me wrong but when you have to buff as much as you do to remove it it's terrible. Shellac is fantastic. Well known brand and a dream to remove. My opinion Dont waste your money! X

Totally disagree! I love gellux, have used shellac and didn't rate the wear to be honest. Yes removal is easier but using the gellux easy off base and doing all steps correctly it comes off just as well. All my clients love it and their nails are in perfect condition despite buffing (which is minimal). It's a personal decision as to which brand to use but it does annoy me that other brands are often bashed in favour of shellac just because it's easier to use and is the leading brand. I can do a complete gel mani in 45 minutes using gellux with fab results.

You're decision, if you're not happy then try something else but I personally wouldn't be a sheep and follow the crowd to shellac! In my opinion it's not the only 14 day polish on the market!

I converted from shellac to gelish and I've not looked back. Each to their own but I have to agree with the above post. If what you want is a good hybrid nail polish then go with shellac but if you want a gel polish which is more robust then there are other up and coming brands, which are just as good if not more superior. Have a look at Gel II, it's just been launched in the uk and is a 2 step system - no base coat needed and they do a cordless rechargeable led lamp ;) There's also crystalac, Artistic Colour Gloss and IBD. X

I'm trained in Shellac but to be fair, I hear amazing things about Gelish. I hear nothing good about Gellux.

I do think Shellac is a stronger brand and their cost prices tend to be cheaper than Gelish too. Its a no brainer really!:)

Totally disagree! I love gellux, have used shellac and didn't rate the wear to be honest. Yes removal is easier but using the gellux easy off base and doing all steps correctly it comes off just as well. All my clients love it and their nails are in perfect condition despite buffing (which is minimal). It's a personal decision as to which brand to use but it does annoy me that other brands are often bashed in favour of shellac just because it's easier to use and is the leading brand. I can do a complete gel mani in 45 minutes using gellux with fab results.

You're decision, if you're not happy then try something else but I personally wouldn't be a sheep and follow the crowd to shellac! In my opinion it's not the only 14 day polish on the market!

Totally agree with Lisa. I use gellux and if used properly is as easy to use as any other brand (I also use shellac and Gelàze). I don't find it any more difficult to remove than Shellac,just needs a few minutes longer :)

What problems are you having with gellux? Have u done the training? I use Gellux and love it. Great colours, you can mix it, layer it, and they have a nice colour range. If like me your mobile too and dont make an absolute fortune in proft, it's a nice mid price range system. I for one don't have the money for a £20 bottle of shellac or gelish! Also with shellac you need there specific lamp which puts me off....
Colours are great but for me and my clients, gellux is perfect.

Gellux is a quality brand and lasts and lasts.
💖

Yay! Let's raise the profile of gellux, it's given unfair bad reviews all the time! I've been using it for years and have a very loyal client base of over 20 regulars (it's my secondary profession) who I'm sure wouldn't keep coming back if it was that bad! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412188309.754596.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412188323.480519.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412188333.304609.jpg

Gorgeous Lisa, them purple ombrè ones are beaut 😀

Gorgeous Lisa, them purple ombrè ones are beaut 😀

Thanks hun! They turned out well despite her being a naughty nail biter!! x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412190097.049267.jpg ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412190128.517443.jpg ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412190174.318866.jpg ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412190261.514915.jpg

Just a selection of my recent Gellux clients nails 😊

I ❤️ gellux too. I have used it for 18 months and found it hard to remove to begin with.

The tips I have for this is to use easy off base coat and apply only a very thin layer. Also use heated mitts to aid removal. 😉

Iv used gellux for a few years now and actually love it.. Easily to remove once got the nak and all clients nails are in great condition underneath.. Iv used shellac too.. I guess everyone gets used to what there used to :)

Sahara ☺️

I tried Gellux for the first time yesterday and I have a few questions:

Are all polishes really thick? I used magenta glitter and it seemed like the product itself was quite thick, I got used to it by the time I'd done one hand but I was just wondering as the one I had was a glitter so I thought it could be that.

Do the brushes have an 'edge'? I felt like I was painting with a circular brush and couldn't comfortably find an edge to paint with - I feel like it could be linked to the thickness of the product but either way it made application feel way different to my usual.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412494235.879666.jpg

Either way, I'm going to keep using this colour, I ADORE the finish of it! Going to see how wear and removal is and possibly buy some more colours :) xx

I tried Gellux for the first time yesterday and I have a few questions:

Are all polishes really thick? I used magenta glitter and it seemed like the product itself was quite thick, I got used to it by the time I'd done one hand but I was just wondering as the one I had was a glitter so I thought it could be that.

Do the brushes have an 'edge'? I felt like I was painting with a circular brush and couldn't comfortably find an edge to paint with - I feel like it could be linked to the thickness of the product but either way it made application feel way different to my usual.

View attachment 76144

Either way, I'm going to keep using this colour, I ADORE the finish of it! Going to see how wear and removal is and possibly buy some more colours :) xx

The glitters are quite thick but you'll get used to them. Magenta sparkles is lovely and very popular with my ladies. What base coat did you use? I trained in the Gellux system and love it x

I love the Glitters, Magenta Rocks painted over Black Onyx is gorgeous

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oooh sounds lush, defo GONA try the pink n black combo 😊
I love black tulip with pink ice over top, gives it a gorgeous pinky pearly tinge.

And yep the glitters do feel a bit clumpy, just cos there rammed with glitter. Just wipe it as much as u can round edge of bottle and do 2 maybe thin coats. They look lovely btw

love gellux threads 💖

I bought the easy off base for this so I'm hoping it will come off really easily, as soon as I've done this on my own nails I'll probably start buying more colours for the salon to use on clients. I saw one that was like a pinky red that I loved so much so I know exactly the next one I'll buy! So far for the wearing, they feel really solid and strong which I love and they're so shiny!xx

If your having problems with gellux soaking off try gelish foundation & top it off instead of gellux.
Will apply & soak off easily
x

Latest posts

Back