Gellux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blushbeautylois

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm after some feedback regarding gellux.
I've been using the product consistently for the past year but have recently felt that the quality of product isn't as good as when I first started using. I've felt that the products have become watery?

Anyone else experiencing same?

X

??? any views on this?

Thinking of switching over to gelish. Any feedback appreciate x

I've been using gellux about 6 months, very happy with it. It's a lot stronger than CND shellac. I've not got all the colours, just about 12, so maybe it depends

I had a lady in to see me a couple of months ago who said she had Gellux on. She'd had it done on holiday and couldn't remember the name of the salon so I couldn't verify if it was genuine or not.

The application was lumpy and thick and removing it as a total nightmare.

I filed off the topcoat and tried wrapping it with nourishing remover. 10 minutes later, little or no movement. So I swapped to acetone with a little Dadi oil. 10 minutes later, a tiny bit of flaking. Finally went for pure acetone, wrapped and placed a heat bag over the top and it still took another 40 minutes to remove.

Thankfully she comes with a friend so I could do her friends nails whilst removing but it was a mare!

I love the product but have recently noticed that the colours are not as bold and am having to use 3 coats of colour.

I have noticed some of the pastel colours need 3 thin coats but they still seem to last just as long as the deeper colours ... I've been using GELLUX for 3 years and can't say I've noticed any drop in quality recently I've got over 50 bottles and I'm still happy with the product - hope this helps xx

Latest posts

Back