Gelmany

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nonacrylicgel said:
Hmm...

gel has won many of the show competitions. Please take the time to check the records.

However show nails don't have to last on the clients nail longer than a few hours.....
I would love to see those records......maybe you could email me a copy, please......

In order to win a Competition you have to be able to use a product to the absolut perfect................ This is called working to a formula..............
Yes you are right Competition nails are not as durable, but then they dont have to be................
A competition shows the competence of a Nail Technician and her/his skill in using a chosen product/system...............
You have to be able to create the perfect upper arch, lower arch, smile line, apex placement, blending skills if you are in the tip and overlay category, perfect form fitting if you are in the sculpted Category......... the list goes on.....
But the point is you have to be able to do decend nails in the first place in order to get any where near the top 10 placement............

But as all Competitors will tell you, competiting is a vital learning tool for any Technician, that is if they want to improve their skill levels.........
Because if you can just place 5th, just think how good your salon nails will be....It improves all your areas and will give your client nails to die for...... only more durable!!!!!

Now I did a search for cometition winners for Germany..........

Now this is what I found and it just supports Diana's post that L&P is a competition winning system..........
Internationale Nail-Meisterschaft 2003 auf der "Beauty" in Düsseldorf

International Nail Championship 2003 at the Beauty in Duesseldorf

Platz 1,3,4 und 5, Gewinner: MAHA NAIL

Translated:placements 1,3,4 and 5th Winner was Maha Nail

System: Pulver/Flüssigkeit von Creative Nail Design

Translated:Choosen system Liquid and Powder by Creaive Nail Desing
Nachdem Pulver/Flüssigkeitssysteme zu Unrecht über einen längeren Zeitraum ins falsche Licht gerückt wurde, ist es besonders bemerkenswert, dass von 26 Teilnehmern der Meisterschaft 20 mit eben jenem Modellage-System gearbeitet haben. Sieger wurde mit 444 Punkten (56 Punkte Abstand zum 2. Platz!) Tatiana Simokowa aus Russland, Platz 3 belegte Svetlana Fefelova und Platz 4 und 5 errangen Sigitta Kurelonoka und Inga Spalina aus Lettland. Es wurde vorwiegend mit Schablone verlängert. Das Ergebnis waren wunderschöne, ebenmäßig geformte Nägel mit vorbildlich herausgearbeitetem Stresspunkt und C-Kurve.

This is a translation:

After the Liquid and Powder system had been shown for a long time, wrongly in a bad light, it is amazing that from the 26 Competition Entrants for this championship, 20 worked with this system...

Winner with 444 points , 56 points ahead of the second place winner ,was Tatiana Simokowa from Russia....

3rd place for Svetlana Fefelova.... 4th and 5th place Siggitta Kurelonoka and Inga Spalina from Lettland.............. Mostly used system was Free Form Sculpting, the results where beautiful perfectly formed nails, with perfect Stress points and C-curves..................

So that makes me think, that Judges at the Duesseldorf show liked the look of Liquid and Powder and the skill and technique used to make these winning nails..............
So Gel did not place first............
Can't find any results on winning show competitions.......but not saying that it hasn't, just not last year..........
But I would love to see a winners list, including all systems.........anyone out there got one ???? So I would love to see those records.......... as I am a Competiton Technician as well as a Salon Technician as well as being German ........and it would be great to get a look of pictures of winning nails from Germany...........As looking and learning is a must for me ........
I use Fibreglass in all my Competitions and use the winning nails pictures as a learning tool............
But hey then I am firstly a Fibreglass gal lol..........

busy girl that ruthy one..... how constructive are we....

found a nice american site....nailsplash.com....

I just love the first few lines.....

[font=Verdana,Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif][size=-1]MORE Info about Gel Nails (the long version :)[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana,Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif][size=-1]Introduction to "gel nails"[/size][/font][font=Verdana,Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif][size=-1]
Gel Nails are the future of the nail industry! Europe is already 90% GELS, the USA will be too within 10 years! Gels are and will be the "hot" service that clients demand. No other service can give clients both a natural nails look and feel combined with the convenience and durability of acrylic nails. Many clients have tired of acrylic nails in this past decade because of the disadvantages that can be associated with them (such as the odors and lifting and nail damage, etc) . These same clients now flock to salons in record numbers for "natural nail" manicures with many spa type add-ons to increase the ticket price. BUT…. Many of these clients have already grown weary of the weekly appointments and rigorous home maintenance requirements of "natural" nails. They want another alternative; they want natural beauty combined with strength and durability. Now you can give clients what they want…… Gel nails ARE the best of both worlds![/size][/font]​
[font=Verdana,Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif][size=-1]Gel nails are not just a service; Gel Nails are a philosophy…….[/size][/font][font=Verdana,Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif][size=-1]
Immediate gratification and a healthy nail philosophy! Instant length and beauty can be achieved at the first visit by utilizing tips or forms in the gel nail full-set. The ultimate long-term goal with gels is for the client to end up growing out and wearing her (or his!) own long, strong, beautiful, HEALTHY nails under the gel; so that she is no longer to be considered wearing artificial nails, but with the gel becoming essentially just a very strong, bonded base coat to protect her own nails from cracking, splitting, peeling, chipping, etc. She is now wearing a nail enhancement, not "fake" nails, and the enhancement need never be removed, only maintained on a regular schedule! Just as hair color is an enhancement of her natural hair, not "fake" hair, and can be maintained indefinitely. Gel nail enhancements ARE the client's own natural nail…. ONLY BETTER! And gels are totally compatible and complementary to other salon add-on services such as paraffin wax or hand facials, to complete the total hand beauty regimen.[/size][/font]

YOU'RE A RECORD BREAKER
Three years on, her determination
to succeed with gels has finally
paid off. Amy won the first place
title at the August 2003 Premier
Beauty Show in Orlando, Florida.
And she was the only tech com-
peting with gel...the remaining
competitors were all using
acrylic. At the awards ceremony,
Vicki Peters highlighted that,
"History in the nail industry had
been made with Amy's win."
Since then, everyone in the US
nail industry has been in a buzz
about this all-important record-
breaking win.
Amy is now working on her gel
'Cameo nails'(as she calls them)
product line and will be
manufacturing the molds and
instructional videos soon. This
will include the C-curve devises
for gel nails as well as a video
for her new gel techniques.
She's quite hush-hush on the
exact details of this new product
line as well as the techniques she
uses for producing her award-
winning gel nails, but assures me
that they will hit the industry in
the not-too-distant-future. So
keep your eyes and ears peeled
because when they hit, they're
sure to hit big!
FOOTNOTE
Thank you, Amy, for this whirl-
wind tour of your amazing
career. You continue to inspire
us with your incredible talent
and creativity! Let your devotion
to your career and God be a
standing testimony for us all.
Gina
Amy Becker Masterworks
T: 001 262 242 4200
E: [email protected]
When your on a roll..........why trust me....how about America's leading magazine......
PrxRST();

from America's biggest nail mag.....

YOU'RE A RECORD BREAKER
breaking win

nonacrylicgel said:
YOU'RE A RECORD BREAKER
breaking win.
Amy is now working on her gel
'Cameo nails'(as she calls them)
product line and will be
manufacturing the molds and
instructional videos soon. This
will include the C-curve devises
for gel nails as well as a video
for her new gel techniques.
She's quite hush-hush on the
exact details of this new product
line as well as the techniques she
uses for producing her award-
winning gel nails, but assures me
that they will hit the industry in
the not-too-distant-future. So
keep your eyes and ears peeled
because when they hit, they're
sure to hit big!
FOOTNOTE
Thank you, Amy, for this whirl-
wind tour of your amazing
career. You continue to inspire
us with your incredible talent
and creativity! Let your devotion
to your career and God be a
standing testimony for us all.
Gina
Amy Becker Masterworks
T: 001 262 242 4200
E: [email protected]
When your on a roll..........why trust me....how about America's leading magazine......
PrxRST();
Well she did very well....and deserves to win .............
But this is all about the states ????

And we where talking about europe, Germany!!!!!! Duesseldorf .....
Hence the Topic ..GELMANY......
Sofar you have only given me links to State side ..................
Not the european angle..............
Have you got a list of winners in gel for europe?????

busy girl that ruthy one..... how constructive are we....
I take this is your attempt at being witty...or sarcastic........well what ever floats your boat...............

Hello,

this is what I have found:

Die hohe Qualität unserer Produkte Creative Nail Design / MAHA

und die damit verbundenen gründliche Ausbildung wurde belohnt:
1. Plätze bei den Europäischen Meisterschaften
1988 + 1989 + 1990 + ... + 1998 ( 9 von 11 Meister)

Auch wieder Deutscher Meister 1999 und Internationaler Meister 2002.
Creative Nail Design und Können sind ein unschlagbares Team !

Creative has won the 1 place at the european constest(?)
1988,89,90, up to 1998. "German Master" 1999 and international "master"2002. That are the results of the last 15 years. Any questions? And at the weekend there will be another winner in düsseldorf, guess it could be......ääääh Creative(?)......

Is Nailworkx a representative from a Company? If so, I would be very interested to hear as these comments are becoming increasing unprofessional.

Yours

In what way exactly?

The fact that some people don't agree with my point of view?

Ever wonder why so few different people post and its the same names......

You see there were always bullies in my classes at school and they generally intimidated people to ensure there opinion held sway. Sometimes this site feels like the "Heathers" have arrived....

I am saying that American media and industry has woken up to gel and its forthcoming dominance. Why is that so argumentative when its a fact!:)

nonacrylicgel said:
In what way exactly?

The fact that some people don't agree with my point of view?

You see there were always bullies in my classes at school and they generally intimidated people to ensure there opinion held sway. Sometimes this site feels like the "Heathers" have arrived....

I am saying that American media and industry has woken up to gel and its forthcoming dominance. Why is that so argumentative when its a fact!:)
Oh for god sake,
I have read back all the posts by you and have come to the oppinion that you cannot answer a post, without acid undertones................
You may think you are enhancing your posts, framing them in useless witt.....
Witt that is actualy very upsetting to some....not funny unless there is a gun pointed to my head ordering me to laugh...........
Like the Nazi remark, which then was edited by you a little while after...........but which I found personaly very upsetting......
Now I have come to the conclusion, Allesandro is not a company I would ever choose to purchase from......................
Not because of their products, but because of the way you have represented your company...you are lousy as a PR.......but would make a great traffic warden.........Oh and By the way.......Get a life!!!!!!!!
I am now doing the right thing...........
Clicking the ignore button!!!!!!
"click" done and dusted.now lets get back to the important things in life.........

Come on now... everyone loves differing points of view as long as they are informed and constructive. Both of these points is where you fall down time and time again.
The facts you continuously bring up have either no relation to the context of nails (i.e. the dangers of constant acetone exposure for 15 years solid) or are ficticious.
Aside from that, your posts and comments are offensive to not only the members of this site, but to the industry at large.

I can accept that you may possibly have something constructive and beneficial to contribute but have yet to see anything other then this nonsense and it is past wearing thin with me.

I am aware that you are hazy on the facts so let me point something out to you...

This site is the largest and busiest site for nail technicians in the world.
I am now getting upwards of 400-500 unique visitors here every single day. Of those vistors, an average of 150 members log in daily. At the time of this post, there are 1,826 registered members and over 26,000 posts.

The vast majority of visitors will never post and therefore never even bother to become members... but they do read. They read what you have to write and what you are writing will be read for years to come.
Think long and hard before you hit that 'Submit Reply' button because from my vantage point, you lose a lot respect every single time you do.

I am still in Germany and I look forward to catching up on all of the activity that has taken place when I return.

nonacrylicgel said:

May I also point out that the bully analogy is actually quite apt and amazingly ironic.

I too beleive that gel has a bright and brilliant future, however I think you are being ridiculous if you think that because 1 person won a competition with gel in the states that means that the American Media and Industry have woken up to its dominance.

Hello all

Now why are we debating that gel is better than L+P? I personally use and stock all three systems, in fact i stock two types of gel. Now i believe that all three of the systems are good and that they all suit different people. I believe in freedom of choice and in giving your clients a choice. Most techs prefer one system or another i like gel and L+P the best BUT i do think fibreglass/silk look lovely too.
I think gel is getting better all the time but then so is L+P soooooooo again i would say they are both as good. It is my personal opinion and i wear both systems depending on which i am favouring when i put myself a new set on.

SO what i am trying to say is that this is sounding a bit like a stuck record, the best system is the one that suits the client you are working..

Hello Everyone,

I usually don't reply to post on the nail discussion boards, but I felt it was appropriate in this case. I hope you don't mind if I comment on several other threads that I've read. I'll apologize now for the length of my reply, but my friends will tell you that it's hard to stop me once I get going :green: .

I’ve led Creative Nail Design’s research and development program for the last 15 years, so I’ve been around a bit. In fact, 10 years ago this month, Hans Paulig (MAHA Nails, Germany) invited me to the Düsseldorf show to learn about UV gels. At that time, liquid/powder systems were just beginning to teach education programs in Europe. UV gels completely controlled the marketplace since gel companies were the only companies doing “education”. But, all of that has dramatically changed. It is my understanding that the UV gel market share in Europe has dropped to about 45% gel users, with Germany as the last holdout with 60-65% UV gel users. Why the drop? Because UV gel technology has not changed or improved very much since its inception.

Creative Nail Design does not engaged in fear-based marketing. We have never attacked or condemned UV gel technology. But believe me, it would be easy if we chose to do business in this way. The monomers used to make liquid/powder have been reviewed and accepted as “safe as used” by the prestigious Cosmetic Ingredient Review (CIR) board and those conclusions were supported by the FDA (Food & Drug Administration). UV gel ingredients have not undergone this process and therefore have never been declared safe as used, so theoretically, they are open for easy attack. Personally, I think it's wrong for any company, UV gel, fiberglas or liquid/powder to attack a competitor to gain a market advantage. It's bad for our industry, bad for nail professionals, confuses the public… and is completely unjustified. The truth is: No artificial nail enhancement product is safer than another! No artificial nail enhancement product is more natural than another! All can be used safely, if used properly by a trained nail professional. Anyone who tells you differently isn't telling you the truth. When a company uses fear to sell its products, you have to ask yourself why? Why not sell their products on the benefits, if they're so good? Why? Because they know fear sells… and maybe their products aren’t so good after all.

During the BPO/HQ/MEHQ controversy, you know who said what about whom. In my opinion, it was really very silly for any UV gel company to attack liquid/powder technology, since they share many of the same ingredients and are both based on “acrylic chemistry”. No matter how much anyone tries to twist the truth, the facts are that both UV gel and liquid/powder both come from the "acrylic" family and are both based on variations of the same chemistry used by liquid/powder products.They know this is true too, but can't admit this because they have spent way too much time and effort bashing “acrylic” that they can’t stop now unless they admit to over a decade of lies and deceit.

Here are the facts- until now, UV gels were based on a type of “acrylic” oligomers (oligomer is the name for short chains of monomers) called “urethane acrylate” (acryl-ate). Urethane acrylates are very close chemical cousins to the “methacrylate” (meth-acryl-ate) monomers used in liquid/powder technology (notice the acryl in both names, hmmm, that’s no coincidence, it’s the family name). Acrylic monomers are even used as ingredients in UV gels to modify the viscosity and properties. So you can see, UV gel or liquid/powder- whatever- we are really all part of the same chemical family. It makes absolutely no sense to throw stones that your neighbors (especially when you live in a glasshouse), so why do it? You got to ask yourself why do they do it?

Both UV gel products and liquid/powder products contained HQ and/or MEHQ, as shelf-life stabilizers. Both of these were prohibited under that silly EU regulation that took two years to undo. But… the truth prevailed. Just as I promised in an open letter to German nail technicians in several German nail magazines when this all started. So, please don't forget who told you the truth and who used fear-based marketing to unfairly and unethically gain advantage, simply so they could sell more of their products to the nail technicians they wrongfully frightened. Please remember who they are and give them the level of credibility and respect they deserve.

To address another point, there are two ways to over cure UV gel products. If a UV gel product containing a high level of photo initiator (one designed for low UV light intensities) is put under a lamp with a very high UV light output, the resulting painful spike of heat (called an exotherm) can burn the nail bed and may cause the nail plate and nail bed to separate (onycholysis). Second and more importantly, over curing is most likely to occur after the client leaves the salon. Photo initiators stay active for very long periods of time in the artificial nail. You can see this yourself if you have experience with these products. Daily exposure to ordinary UV light (sun, tanning beds, table lamps, etc.) can cause UV gel nails to become brittle with age. Of course, we believe we’ve solved this problem by using very low levels of specially chosen photo initiators.

Finally, why is a liquid/powder company come out with a UV gel product? CND has a policy against using any acrylate monomers or oligomers in any of our products. We use methacrylate monomers and oligomers (Radical, Retention+ & Brisa). Why not use acrylates? Not because they are “dangerous”; they are not. But in general, acrylates have a greater potential for causing allergic skin reactions when compared to their methacrylate counterparts. At last, our research and development team discovered a way to make UV gel using only methacrylates and without acid or glutaraldehyde adhesion promoters… so we’ve made a UV gel! Exactly what I promised Hans Paulig we would do, 10 years ago this month. A lot of hard work has gone into the development of these products. I hope you like them.

Thanks for your time,

Doug Schoon
V.P of Science & Technology
Creative Nail Design, Inc.

Can't say any more to that post other than "freaking brilliant." ;)

Mr Schoon Sir, your name has been mentioned with the deepest respect by many people on many occasions and now I know why! Thank you for your most informative and descriptive post which is extremely helpful for us to understand not only how our nail enhancements are composed but also how much research and scientific knowledge has gone into the development of the 'stuff' we use day in and day out.
Thanks again
Carol

The Nail Geek said:
Can't say any more to that post other than "freaking brilliant." ;)
Well what can I say, from the man who's book I go to bed with lol!!!!!
This post is being copied and printed and goes in my Creative folder!!!!!!
Information at it's best !!!!!!
Thanks Doug you are a chemical Genius!!!!

What a fantastic post by Doug Schoon. I learnt so much from that post, So thank you for helping us to understand the chemistry of what we use :biggrin:

Doug thank you so much for taking the time and making that tremendous post from which WE CAN ALL LEARN FROM!! There are so many geeks on this site who have read your work and have learnt so much from you... we ALL appreciate your teaching and your knowledge. Thank you once more.... we are all clued up now that's for sure!!!! :)

Dear Doug .... as always you are an inspriation to us and the voice of reason we sometimes lack when we most need it.

You have always given respect to the nail technician's mind, and taught us things we never thought we could grasp. You have been our hero particularly over the BPO/HQ/MEHQ thing that could have led to the end of our livlihoods and of the nail industry in Europe (quite literally) without your championing the cause for all of us.

One day I hope you get the thanks you deserve, for it is only because of the huge respect you have throughout the world from your peers that you were able to set the record straight and get these chemicals off the 'banned' list of ingredients so we could all continue to do what we love.

I am proud that you have been a friend for so many years. XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back