Gelration or Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a massage therapist and qualified beauty therapist and i used to use the Jessica product range for my manicures. i have been away and havent done manicures for a year or so and want to re introduce manicures and pedicures and build up a client base again.

Which should i go for?? Do i stick with what i know and introduce the geleration or try the shellac?

I have always only ever done basic mani's and pedi's using the Jessica range so how easy is the step up to the gels? Is it difficult to do?

I would really appriciate some advice!!

Thanks so much
Claire

HI claire :)

I am a jessica trained therapist only since September but before jessica I used cnd polishes and shellac. When the stock issues became with shellac I decided to get jessica, as I didn't have cnd spa mani or pedi, was moving salon so fancied a fresh start and wanted to retail more.

I'm not sure if you have an account with jessica but to have the gel you must do the training :) which was very good like there mani and pedi training.

Maybe have the treatment done to get a feel for it? They are deffinatly completely different products with different results but I Love the concept of it being in a bottle:)

if you have jessica stock, retail etc it makes sense to me to get geleration :)

HTHs x

I personally would go for Gelish. It's fantastic! I was looking at getting shellec or generation so I tried them both out. Shellec only lasted 5 days before peeling. Jessica lasted 2 days! Perhaps it was my nails or applied incorrectly by the salon but I have since bought Gelish and have it lasting 3-4 weeks on my nails! My clients love it and they have a fabulous colour range. Not to mention their customer service is fantastic too! xxx

Silly iPhone! I mean I was looking at shellac or geleration x

Thank you for your advice. Yes i do have a new account with Jessica as i re activated my old one. I thought the geleration lasted around 3 weeks not 2 days???

I dont know what to do now :irked:

I will definately go on the training for the geleration. Do you think it is worth getting all of the stuff to do basic manis and pedis or just get the geleration stuff as it is really popular. Are most people not having the traditional mani, pedi treatments anymore?

thanks so much
claire:lol:

I started my account with the mani and pedi products but I just brought the black stand with 12 colours and then tried to match them colours to the gel..
I do so many mani and pedicures with out gel, but I'm trying to promote the gel :) the benfit of not having to put you flip flops on and then smudging :-/ that angers me lol x

I always say geleration lasts up to 3 weeks untill it needs a new set. 2 weeks is all it is worth though as growth etc :)
The option of using the builder gel is great fo extra strength though :)

I also retail midi colours which do really well x

Do you have to use the Jessica LED or UV lamp or can you use a different brand? I found a LED lamp on ebay for 170 pounds which is a 12w.

When you ordered the geleration did you get one of the packages that they offer or do you not actually need everything? Are there any of the products that i will not really use at the beginning?

Thanks again!:Grope:
claire

Don;t get one of those 12W LED lamp ( the moon shape one if I am correct), they have different light bulb than those Nail Harmony LED lamp. If you look inside there will be many tiny bulb, while the Nail Harmony one have 9 large bulb that are position such that the side of the nail do get cure.

The 12 W thing have been in market for almost a year and all bulb shine directly down, you get five finger cure at a time but if you don't position you hand well your thumb or pinkie don't get cure.

Also I think it take double the time the light seem a lot less strong.

hey

I am thinking of starting using geleration can anyone advise me on start up costs for the kit and training? and what do u charge for a set? do u have a high demand for this treatment? i am a mobile therapist thanks x:Grope:

I personally would go for Gelish. It's fantastic! I was looking at getting shellec or generation so I tried them both out. Shellec only lasted 5 days before peeling. Jessica lasted 2 days! Perhaps it was my nails or applied incorrectly by the salon but I have since bought Gelish and have it lasting 3-4 weeks on my nails! My clients love it and they have a fabulous colour range. Not to mention their customer service is fantastic too! xxx

Forgive me but how can you write off two pruducts with out trying them yourself, as in applying them yourself. It could have been the prep or technique at fault rather than the product?

Perhaps so, that is what I said, maybe it was the therapist but I didn't like them. They just didn't last on me. They were both done by 2 separate people and neither lasted. x

Perhaps so, that is what I said, maybe it was the therapist but I didn't like them. They just didn't last on me. They were both done by 2 separate people and neither lasted. x

Well I haven't tried Gelish but if I had and it didn't last I wouldn't just write it off until I'd tried it on myself, with my own application and prep a few times and some trouble shooting to be sure I'd covered all bases. Or to put it differently, I wouldn't post writing it off. Just my opinion though :hug:

Latest posts

Back