Gels crawling out the container

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VintageEsmerelda

Reaction score
Can any tell me how to prevent builder gels from crawling out their container? Even when I only tear away half of the foil, the gel stills manages to creep out. It's really annoying but I don't know what to do.

Can any tell me how to prevent builder gels from crawling out their container? Even when I only tear away half of the foil, the gel stills manages to creep out. It's really annoying but I don't know what to do.

Are they being stored flat and in a cool place?

Yes they are so I don't understand why it keeps happening.

Do the pot lids have the little cardboard inserts in them, and are you sure to wipe the excess from the rim after use?

Do the pot lids have the little cardboard inserts in them, and are you sure to wipe the excess from the rim after use?

Some have the cardboard and some don't. It's mainly the ones without but some with it still do it.

Some have the cardboard and some don't. It's mainly the ones without but some with it still do it.

Hmmm, I thought the little cardboard inserts were the major cause, but if it’s still happening without.....

As above, are you wiping the gel pot rims after each and every use?

If the threads of the pot have gel on them it stops you getting an air tight seal and you will find that they will leak, try giving the both the threads of the pot and the lid and good clean with IPA and see if that works.

Also if you are working with a gel that has a very thin viscosity, sometimes they do leak when moving them around.

Are you mobile or do you work from one spot?

This usually happens when you wipe the brush on the rim of the pot. Try to pick up the gel without touching the sides

This usually happens when you wipe the brush on the rim of the pot. Try to pick up the gel without touching the sides
Same thing used to happen to me until I stopped wiping my brush on the side of the pot. Doesn't happen anymore x

Latest posts

Back