gels in the window

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angel fingers

Reaction score
i did my nails in some downtime at work yesterday with gel. as i was doing 'em i noticed that a layer of gel on the top of the pot seemed to be setting up, first it seemed thicker than usual then it was distinctly crispy ! my desk is near to a window but i wouldnt say it was in direct sunlight. is it sun thats causing my problem and what can i do to prevent this happening.[there isnt any room to move my desk]

Try a different container and keep the gel covered as much as possible...I use a strange lil container on my most used gel has a lil flip top used mainly to keep dust out of my gels.....good luck....

I was doing a client yesterday with a set of Brisa gels (my first paying client for Brisa) and my new room is really airy and bright with a Velux window above my desk and, yes you guessed it my brush hardened before my very eyes and half my pot of clear gel became a lump. Luckily I got the 2 small kits at Olympia rather than the professional kit so I had 2 brushes LOL.

I quickly sent my poor hubby on to the roof to put something over the window LOL. Next priority purchase - Velux Blind!

angel fingers said:
i did my nails in some downtime at work yesterday with gel. as i was doing 'em i noticed that a layer of gel on the top of the pot seemed to be setting up, first it seemed thicker than usual then it was distinctly crispy ! my desk is near to a window but i wouldnt say it was in direct sunlight. is it sun thats causing my problem and what can i do to prevent this happening.[there isnt any room to move my desk]

Ultra Violet light in in ALL daylight not just full sun. If pots of any type of gel are exposed to it, they will naturally react.

And remember, your client will be exposed to more UVA leaving your salon to go to the car... that is how sensitive gel can be to natural daylight.

Hiya

Luckily i was warned about this when i first did my gel course so i always keep my gels in a cupboard or drawer away from daylight, and i always pop the lids back on. Keep them well away from your lamp. Do you have a halogen lamp? i have been told that these can cause gel to cure, dont know how true it is though. You must always wipe your excess of your gel brush as once its cured its had it no way hosea are you gonna get that gel out!! (ps if you havnt got a cupboard use a black towel to cover your gels.

geeg said:
Ultra Violet light in in ALL daylight not just full sun. If pots of any type of gel are exposed to it, they will naturally react.
i only had the pot open whilst i was actually applying the gel, so how can i prevent it hardening whilst in use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back