Gels snapping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauz012

Reaction score
Hi I'm quite new to nails an I have done quite a few sets of gel nails this weeks and they keep snapping off as if they are not strong enough within 5 days or so does anyone no why this may be cause it's really knocking my self confidence hope someone can help

Where do they snap as you will most probably find it is across the centre of the nail where the tip is attached or the free edge starts in which case it is jus simply the fact that you have not made this bit the strongest. The apex of the nail should be where you place your bead of gel and start spreading from there. Try turning the clients hand over so gravity can pull the gel to the centre creating a smooth and neat centre.
Hth x

what products are you using, whats your procedure and how long have you been doing nails? we need more info to be able to help you x

I use millennium and yeah they are snapping at the tip I Just can't find an explanation for it

they keep snapping off as if they are not strong enough
There's your problem. :) Try running a string of gel along the parts where it's been known to snap to reinforce that area. When stress is applied to enhancements, they tend to snap at their weak points. You need to reinforce it to avoid that from happening. x

Thanks everyone thats brill so chickafish is it best to put the gel across the stress point and then cure it

Thanks everyone thats brill so chickafish is it best to put the gel across the stress point and then cure it

Yes. You can run 1-2 strings across to build that stress area and cure. It might also help, if your gel levels quick, to take note of Nothingbutnails' tip of flipping the clients hand over for like 3 seconds so the gel can pull back up at the apex before curing. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back