Gems, more hassle than they're worth?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerise

Reaction score
hi geeks im having trouble with gems on shellac iv tried all different technques to keep them on... glue, inbedding it in the colour then top coat over the top, inbedding it in top coat nothing seems to keep them on for 2 weeks. so im wondering if its just easier not advertising it. i had a women complain because some of her gems came off within a week and demanded a full refund! (obviously i didnt refund her) i just offered to stick more back on which took up time ect. iv bought sworvoski crystals but im thinking if i cant even get gems to stay its going to be a waist of money trying them?

hi geeks im having trouble with gems on shellac iv tried all different technques to keep them on... glue, inbedding it in the colour then top coat over the top, inbedding it in top coat nothing seems to keep them on for 2 weeks. so im wondering if its just easier not advertising it. i had a women complain because some of her gems came off within a week and demanded a full refund! (obviously i didnt refund her) i just offered to stick more back on which took up time ect. iv bought sworvoski crystals but im thinking if i cant even get gems to stay its going to be a waist of money trying them?

Have you tried to stick the stone with little ball of transparent acryl and then top coat over it ? ( works for me )

Have you tried fibreglass resin?x

Oh no I havnt but I'll give both a try and see if it works for me thank you :)

Iv been having the same problem so iv gone back to the method I use with polish
CND sticky base coat -
crystals -
CND shiney topcoat
They don't budge at all everyone of them is on when the clients comes back in iv have them on my toes for about 5 weeks!

I bought my rhinestones from ebay but they are really raised! I would like some flat ones but don't know what to search for... I think if they don't stick out as much, they will stay on for longer?

Any ideas people? I don't use them very often so Swarovski is a bit of a no-no for me, just want something shiny.

xx

Nail delights.com sell swarovski crystals they are a smaller pack theres 100 crystals they've got all different colours and they are less than a fiver because you only get 100 but is ok if you only use them occasionally , if you want crystals from a wholesaler though pompadour have some in I can't remember if they are star nails or spangles but they are nice too
Hope this helps

When I use swarovskis, I always charge for those ( both flat and pointed ones).
Cheaper option for my clients are rhinestones ( I don't charge extra for those and clients still love them. You get those for pennies from ebay )

Search flat back diamanté rhinestones, I will try to post a link for the ones I use, I don't use swarovski as my clients won't pay or it!xx

Iv been having the same problem so iv gone back to the method I use with polish
CND sticky base coat -
crystals -
CND shiney topcoat
They don't budge at all everyone of them is on when the clients comes back in iv have them on my toes for about 5 weeks!

Hi there, sorry if I'm being dim but do you add the sticky/crystals/shiny on top of cured/wiped and finished shellac? Thanks!

All my clients are mainly bling, I use genuine Swarovski crystals an never touch them with glue as they lose they zillion shine look at my photo gallery of bling nails x

Hi there, sorry if I'm being dim but do you add the sticky/crystals/shiny on top of cured/wiped and finished shellac? Thanks!

Hi, yes I do it works for me, I'm sure someone will tell me on here if I'm not supposed to be lol I just can't get the crystals to stay on any other way

All my clients are mainly bling, I use genuine Swarovski crystals an never touch them with glue as they lose they zillion shine look at my photo gallery of bling nails x
Do you use a top coat Haylznailz? How do you get them to stay on? I'll be using shellac but some say the top coat dulls and some say it makes no difference, can you help?

No no top coat near Swarovski, if ur going to top coat Swarovski then u may as well use cheap rhinestones. I set my Swarovski stones in gel an cure x

Latest posts

Back