General spray tanning questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazbar

Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to invest in spray tanning this year and have been doing a lot of research about the various solutions and machines.

Now I think I will probably go for a minimist after reading what people have to say about it. (If anybody has one they would like to sell please pm me :))

But as for solutions I am stuck ! Ideally I would try them all out first and them choose which one I liked the best and from what I have read it's a good idea to have a couple of options for different skin types etc.

So do I go and buy the machine on it's own, get training from somewhere and then get samples of solution or should I just go for it and get a kit and training from one company and THEN try out some others ?

Please help as I am going slowly mad :eek: with trying to work out the best and least expensive way to do it !!

Hi all,

I would like to invest in spray tanning this year and have been doing a lot of research about the various solutions and machines.

Now I think I will probably go for a minimist after reading what people have to say about it. (If anybody has one they would like to sell please pm me :))

But as for solutions I am stuck ! Ideally I would try them all out first and them choose which one I liked the best and from what I have read it's a good idea to have a couple of options for different skin types etc.

So do I go and buy the machine on it's own, get training from somewhere and then get samples of solution or should I just go for it and get a kit and training from one company and THEN try out some others ?

Please help as I am going slowly mad :eek: with trying to work out the best and least expensive way to do it !!

Hey cazbar how much is the minimist machine that ur wanting to buy?xx

If you have decided on your machine, I would buy it then get lots of samples from different companies.
I tried well over 30 before I finally stuck with who I am with now.

Hi marie hope u dont mind me asking but who do u use?

I bought my machine, tanning booth and spray from Fake Bake as they are well known, the same price as many other brands on the market and I always get a good result. I also tried many other brands are there are sonme very good ones out there now inc Sol Glo, Tantrick and coutour,
Good Luck

Hi marie hope u dont mind me asking but who do u use?

I use vani-t, didn't mention which solution as I think its important you decide for yourself by testing different solutions.

Hi there,

My friend and i are also starting up a mobile tanning business, and i must admit there are so many products out there it makes the mind boggle. spraytansupermarket.com has been great they also have a forum that is very helpful. Apparently depending on who you train with you have to buy their product although there are companies who provide training uk wide that allow you to try many different solutions and machines.

I have registered to have samples of around 6 solutions sent out to me through the website.

Hope this helps and good luck.

I bought the Duomist machine from Couture was a very good deal it comes with 1L of solution for a very good price. I got trained with it and its a very good ,reliable machine, a bit noisey but like others.

But id really recommend it espesh with the good price xxx :hug:

Hi all,

Hi Caz,
very confusing time when buying your first machine...I would highly reccomend you contact all the manufacturers..explain to them what type of buisness you are setting up..I.E. mobile or a salon etc...they should advise you on the most suitable machine to purchase...dont be afraid to ask if they have any special offers running also.
A good time to make a machine purchase is by going to one of the many trade shows as generally manufacturers offer discounts at these shows.
on liquids..well the choice is vast and we all claim "ours is best"...simply ask the manufacturers for samples...if they are convinced with their product and want your buisness they should be happy to send you a sample out.
also some manufacturerswill also visit you and do a demo...
i think the main thing is not to be shy..ask lots questions (dont forget to ask about after sales support as this is vital)..be cheeky as wll..after allthe worst that cn happen is you get a no for an answer..the odds are you miht get a yes and therefore a great deal.
happy hunting

Hi Caz,
very confusing time when buying your first machine...I would highly reccomend you contact all the manufacturers..explain to them what type of buisness you are setting up..I.E. mobile or a salon etc...they should advise you on the most suitable machine to purchase...dont be afraid to ask if they have any special offers running also.
A good time to make a machine purchase is by going to one of the many trade shows as generally manufacturers offer discounts at these shows.
on liquids..well the choice is vast and we all claim "ours is best"...simply ask the manufacturers for samples...if they are convinced with their product and want your buisness they should be happy to send you a sample out.
also some manufacturerswill also visit you and do a demo...
i think the main thing is not to be shy..ask lots questions (dont forget to ask about after sales support as this is vital)..be cheeky as wll..after allthe worst that cn happen is you get a no for an answer..the odds are you miht get a yes and therefore a great deal.
happy hunting

That's for that Collin.

Will you be at Excel with any special offers ??? Should I wait ? :)

That's for that Collin.

Will you be at Excel with any special offers ??? Should I wait ? :)
Hi Caz,
of course you would be better waiting and go along and see what the variouse companies are offering at the show...there will no doubt be many "special offers" running.
we will not be exibiting as the high cost verses the return these days simply does not make it cost effective..rather than spending a fortune on these shows we would rather (for now) offer both our existing as well as perspective new customers savings.We anticipate running a VAT free promotion to coincide with the show dates..this would mean a 17 1/2 % saving for you guys.
If you would like I can arrange for one of our fantastic trainers to do a demo for you..alternatively i would be happy to arrange for some samples to be sent out to you...hopefully my posting is ok as just trying to help you:)
Best regards
Collin

Hi all,

YOU SHOULD DO YOUR TRAINING FIRST THEN DECIDE WHAT EQUIPMENT YOU WANT EITHER TURBINE OR COMPRESSOR AND GET SOME SAMPLES OF SOLUTIONS THEN YOU DECIDE WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU

Latest posts

Back