Gents hair, blending in help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhe

Reaction score
Feeling a bit rubbish and hoped some of you clever geeks could help. Did a gents cut the other day and he had half a grade round the sides and back and then i just trimmed the top which is quite a bit longer. Obviously this required quite a lot of blending in which i did using scissor over comb.
The lighting wasnt great when i did the cut and once i was finished and he was happy i told him to give me a call if any problems as i didnt mind popping back, he was happy with it and i left.
Hes just txt me asking if i would pop back to blend it in a bit more so im going to do it later on for him. Anyone got any tips for blending such short back and sides?? I just use scissor over comb and try to get as close as possible xxx

Last edited:
There was a thread on gents a wee while back! Try and search it. Try your thinners to get rid of any lines! Keep the comb moving

Hi
I used to hate blending short grades until I found a cheats way to do it. Start with your 0.5 shave up but allow about an inch for your blending room. Now to take a 1 and go up over the line that needs to be blended fanning out with the clippers now repeat with a 1.5 and repeat the process going up .5 of grade at a time. I know this isn't what you get taught but I find it gives a better finish. I usually do it till until I get to a grade 4 then I usually blend the remaining corner with my fingers.
If there's any remaining areas that look like there not blended I go over with my scissor over comb and thinners.
Hth! Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back