Getting a client "white" blonde?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marie Allen

Reaction score
Dear all, I am new to this board, but need to get some advice as I am stumped as how to lighten this ladies hair I do any lighter. Her previous hairdresser was leaving her hair with yellow tones in her hair. When I came to do her hair her roots were between a 7/8 base the rest of her hair was coloured/bleached to at least a level 10. I discussed with the client about using a colour with purple or blue tones in there, and she noted that the previous hairdresser left her hair with a tinge of purple in her hair and is worried this will happen again so was reluctant to use this. I visited Aston and Fincher and asked advise there as I have been researching and found there were two Wella Koleston colours when mixed equally gave a platinum/white blonde effect. I was however advised to use Aston and Finchers recommendation of Life colour 902 platinum blonde with a 30vol peroxide, and this made the clients hair look beautiful, no yellow tones, all even coverage, beautiful blonde, she was over the moon as there was no yellow and loved the colour, however, I am do to do her hair again this Friday and she messaged me last night saying she loves how white blonde Rita Ora's hair is and I said I would look to see how I could achieve this. I am not sure whether to use a bleach on her hair as she is already light, and now I would say a level 12 but she wants it white blonde, do I get a silver toner, or is there a colour and a pastel or a low peroxide I can use that will give a white colour to her hair, im stumped and don't want her having lavender hair or grey hair!! I was looking at colour fresh toners, whether these would help or whether her hair might be too porous and grab the tone in her hair really quick? Any advice would be brilliant. Although I trained with Wella, I have since used numerous brands, such as Tigi, Rusk, XP100, Affinage etc I use Tigi Ultra Light Bleach that's got violet pigment in the powder which I found is a good bleach to use. If anyone can advise how I can achieve this I will be so grateful!

Attachments

• shell hair.jpg
    shell hair.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 435
A level 10 is the lightest your hair can be.
Rita oras is definitely bleached I would say and then you would just tone accordingly.. Schwarzkopf blond me ice toners I use often x

I use loreal luo colour po1 when it developes it does look purple but it diesnt leave a purple tinge. Also schwarzkopf igora royal in 9,5-22 9.5-1. Hope this helps iv attached a photo

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-15-16-17-32.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-15-16-17-32.png
    364 KB · Views: 520
Thanks both. Ninar did you use the Loreal Luo colour to get this pic this is what she wants. Sorry me saying about a level 12 affinage now do a level 12 on artic blonde but it's to ashy for her and yes ur right the ICC is levels 1-10 just affinage colour chart confusing me lol when explaining myself lol. I will look into getting the Loreal it looks good and hope she it looks as stunning as your work!! xx

I bleach mine using Wella Blondor with 6% then I tone using wella illumina 10/69. I've attached a pic of mine below :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 458
Thanks both. Ninar did you use the Loreal Luo colour to get this pic this is what she wants. Sorry me saying about a level 12 affinage now do a level 12 on artic blonde but it's to ashy for her and yes ur right the ICC is levels 1-10 just affinage colour chart confusing me lol when explaining myself lol. I will look into getting the Loreal it looks good and hope she it looks as stunning as your work!! xx
Hi Marie no it's the Schwarzkopf 9,5-22. 9,5-1 with a lil bit of 0-22. Careful with the 0-22 as this is like a deep blue xx

My client on the right is the loreal po1 colour Hun xc

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 221
After root application of Wella blondor followed by blondor conditioner after shampooing l'Oreal po on its own gives a beautiful soft snow white tone with out any silver or ash, I've mixed half Po to half Po1 on other clients and developed for 20 minutes . Play with the ratios on swatches, Po2 alone or again mixed with Po, just depends on this undertones . 10/69 illumina is beautifully reflective x

I also bleach and then po1. One of my clients has this reguraly and now that she does i only have to do roots with 30 vol and then po1 for 20 mins, comes up perfectly, white blonde. She is around a base 6

Thanks all for your replies :) I am getting some PO1 and see how I get on, with the pic I have added do you think I need to bleach her whole head and then tone, or just her roots, I think just the roots and then tone, because her hair is really really light blonde but wanted to get opinions whether you think its good to totally bleach her fully again and then tone her? xx

Attachments

• shell hair.jpg
    shell hair.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 252
Thanks all for your replies :) I am getting some PO1 and see how I get on, with the pic I have added do you think I need to bleach her whole head and then tone, or just her roots, I think just the roots and then tone, because her hair is really really light blonde but wanted to get opinions whether you think its good to totally bleach her fully again and then tone her? xx

I think just bleach the roots and then po1 just on the roots.

Hi Marie no it's the Schwarzkopf 9,5-22. 9,5-1 with a lil bit of 0-22. Careful with the 0-22 as this is like a deep blue xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1452181576.202872.jpg
I've never used These colours before what percentage would you use and what ratio would you mix it in to get that look thanks x

I use quarter of 9,5-22, quarter 9,5-1 and a little pea size of 0-22. X

I bleach mine using Wella Blondor with 6% then I tone using wella illumina 10/69. I've attached a pic of mine below :)[/QUOT
I use quarter of 9,5-22, quarter 9,5-1 and a little pea size of 0-22. X
Hi , have just seen your thread! To achieve a slightly more silver look do you think adding a bit more 0-22 would work?

No he 0-22 is a blue so it would go more blue than silver so be careful with that xx

What did you mix with your 10/69 to tone @Littleaspi

If you're worried about her hair grabbing the toner too fast because of porosity, do a strand test that is easy to isolate out if it goes well so you don't tone it again, and go from there, and it shouldn't take too long to do so cause you'll be able to tell right away if it is going to grab too fast. I'm sure the client will appreciate the extra step, especially if someone else has already left her hair with a purple tone to it

If you use affinage I use 10.21 to get the ice white :) I do a couple of ladies who are white blonde xx

Just realised this post was way back in 2015 [emoji38]

Latest posts

Back