Getting a clinic space for SPMU?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessicapmu

Deluxe Brows Master/Trainer and Distributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking into training in some in the next couple of months. I was wondering I anyone had any advice for securing a clinic space. What hoops do you need to jump through with regards to insurance etc and any other useful advice would be really helpful! !

Thanks
Xx

I'm sure it's yourself that has to be fully insured but the clinic also must have their own licence to allow anyone to carry out spmu on their premises

I'm sure it's yourself that has to be fully insured but the clinic also must have their own licence to allow anyone to carry out spmu on their premises
Hi misty I am also training in March & need to secure a salon space [emoji52] is it the Spmu tech or the salon owner who is responsible for paying for the Spmu licence? X

Hi misty I am also training in March & need to secure a salon space [emoji52] is it the Spmu tech or the salon owner who is responsible for paying for the Spmu licence? X
Sorry I mean the special treatments licence? X

It will be the salon who needs the licence and you who needs the insurance, depending on what treatments they already do they might have everything all set up and it would be upto you and the salon to decide who pays, I had to do a lot of works and changes when I first trained to get my licence so I'd have a good look around at suitable places asap x

It will be the salon who needs the licence and you who needs the insurance, depending on what treatments they already do they might have everything all set up and it would be upto you and the salon to decide who pays, I had to do a lot of works and changes when I first trained to get my licence so I'd have a good look around at suitable places asap x
How long before you trained did u have salon in place as I'm currently not working in a salon, I was thinking to look after I've at least for qualification which will take 2-3 months from March. Training with nouveau contour. Think I'd feel a bit silly going into salons asking now as I haven't any portfolio to show them of my work!
How did you do it please? Thank x

I have my own salon so done my training first then sorted out my place for it, you could always go in and ask around and try and sort out a deal to use the room to do your portfolio clients ect? X

Hi
We offer policies for individual semi permanent make up artists at very reasonable rates. We also offer salon policies that will cover the contents, glass, business interruption, public liability, products liability, employer's liability and treatment risk for yourself and any staff and you can add an extension for semi permanent make up rather than pay per staff member. If you'd like a quote please call the office on 0345 605 8670 and we'd love to try and save you money on your insurance. Alternatively you can get a quote online at www.professionalbeautydirect.co.uk.
Kind regards,
Professional Beauty Direct Team

Latest posts

Back