Getting a new customer...get those boots on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Just to let you know that 3 weeks ago I walked around my local area and did a leaflet drop - no calls to-date .......untill last night yippeee a lady called and has had gel nails previously and now wishes to try L&P and this is from my leaflet reaching her...I think this is such a good cost effective way of advertising (after word of mouth of course) it cost me pennies to print my leaflet and my time and shoe leather...so get those walking boots...and give it a go if you haven't...i'm off to do another street this Sunday...atb best fellow geeks... :D

How many did you do? Just wondered what the "hit" ratio would be

Bugs said:
How many did you do? Just wondered what the "hit" ratio would be
I did about 200 tops, but worth it if she is pleased then onto the word of mouth hopefully....(PS I did look for a affluent area to begin with i.e. more disposable income)

so thats about 0.5% not to bad to be honest. that is my main plan lots of leaflets and then recommend a friend promotions

Bugs said:
so thats about 0.5% not to bad to be honest. that is my main plan lots of leaflets and then recommend a friend promotions
I do recommend a friend, they get a freebee polish or something of similar retail - thinks its better then offering a discount, what have you done to date to promote your services?

Must say i've been thinking about doing a leaflet drop. Not sure weather it would be worth doing but as you say if you get one who then recommends you then it has to be. let us know if you get more calls, good luck with your next leaflet walk.:D

Hi There ,

Congrats on your leaflet drop. This is also something I did when I first started (Years ago now !!!!!!!)..

You say that you looked for 'more affluent 'areas first . Don't only do these areas though . I found that I actually got more response from what looked like 'non affluent' areas . Also as a point of interest I also had a booking about 2 YEARS AFTER my leaflet drop by a lady that said she had kept the flier all that time as she knew she would want nails one day !!!!!

You have to be be prepared to bide your time though . It takes a long time to built a good client base . I would say it was about two years before I had a good book of clients .
I still advertise in yellow pages . It is not expensive . Most of my clients however now come by word of mouth .

Kind Regards
karen
Light Elegance UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back