Getting a tattoo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet Star

Reaction score
Hiya geeks,

Ive finally plucked up the courage to have a tattoo (im a big girls blouse) :lol:

I want to have my initial in italic writing but i havent a clue where to have it done, i preferably want it somewhere that is less painful (i know they all hurt) But there gotta be somewhere its not as painful lol.

I was thinking my lower leg above me ankle
My wrist
side of my stomach
or top of my back.

For those who have had tatts out of these places which is the least pain?

:hug:

Hiya,
I personally think all the areas you mentioned have a similar amount of pain.

If you're really concerned, go to the chemist & ask for the topical anaesthetic that you can buy for babies who are about to have an innoculation.
I think its a lidnocaine variety.
You apply according to the instructions (Obviously lol), & you will have numbness that will last easily long enough to get you initials done.
:hug:

i have one onmy stomach andit was painful, bearable though. My tattooist did say its an aukward place to do though. Any where on a bone is meant to be painful. Think of where you have it aswell for healing,mine rubbed on my trousers and some bits arent as dark as they should be
hth

not sure about top of the back but i have one lower down and was very painful. i have two on my arms and there was hardly any pain.

so it does make a difference where you do it.

I just had the back of my neck done and it didn't hurt as much as any of the others I have. They go easy on the back of your neck and then have to go over it again after a while something to do with not putting too much pressure on the vertibrate (or however you spell it, lol). Ankle stung a little, the wrist would look lovely. I think you might be surprised at the type of pain its not as bad as people make out, yes it hurts but its more of a deep scratch than a pain. Girls do pain sooooo much better than blokes anyway so you would be just fine. Cx

Thank you girls thats vey helpful info.

Another question.... What pain is worse waxing or tattoo? lol
xx

lol.. so true. girls do pain better my other half had a tatoo on his arm and was moaning the whole time and it wasnt painful at all compared to other places.

but i think tattoos on wrist and ankles are really nice.

Depends where your being waxed, lol. My husband would say waxing but he is quite hairy. If its only a small tat it will be over in minutes. Cx

I would pick having a tattoo over being waxed any day of the week lol

The areas you have chosen may all present a similar amount of pain - all depends on various factors; how close to the bone the tattoo is located, your natural pain threshold right through to what your tattooist holds his/her gun like.

I found the ankle area to be slightly uncomfortable, the upper wrist isn't too bad, back is okay depending on how close to the spinal column you go.

My least painful beleive it or not was my rib piece which covers from my hip to more or less my armpit on my left hand side! The larger the area, the more numb it goes at the outline is done I think lol

A good tattooist will always advise you on the area you have chosen too hun - whether they think it will look okay there, the style of writing you choose etc.

Best tip for your aftercare I could give too would be to get yourself some Preparation H!!! It stops any swelling and rids you of the itching common with healing - certainly prevents you picking the scabs and potentially ruining your tattoo :D

I know quite a few good artists in various palces through the UK so would be happy to see if any of them are close enough to you to take good care of you :D

ive got 1 on my stomach, 1 on my neck, 1 on top of back and 1 on bottom of back and i would def say stomach was least painful x

i think for me it wasnt pain having it done (i kind of liked that bit lol ) but it was more the healing side of it that was a little uncomfy IYSWIM but all in all it wasnt bad at all , i wood have it some where wear clothes r not going to be rubbing on it while its healing ,
HTH Cx

I have quite a large one on my left ankle and one on my right wrist (inside), both didn't hurt that much, well not as much as people make out.

I got sooooo nervous when I pulled up outside for my ankle (my first), started getting sweaty hands, heart started pounding all that kind of thing because I had been told it was really painful. However, I sat there for 2 hrs and for a first tattoo that's not too bad going lol. I then went on and had another 2 hrs for colour and something else added so no, I don't think the ankle hurts that much at all.

My wrist nipped a bit but it's goes up the inside of my arm and it's only at the top that it got a bit sore. I would say the pain is more of an irritating scratch but it is soooo addictive lol.

i would say the top of your back.
i have 4 tattoos and the one on the top of my back was the least painful, but the one on my foot was very painful even when it was healing x

Rahh so many different people saying different things haha. Its too too much of the pain im scared of, its passing out im scared of.

When i had my belly pierced i passed out lol

xx

Rahh so many different people saying different things haha. Its too too much of the pain im scared of, its passing out im scared of.

When i had my belly pierced i passed out lol

xx

pmsl :lol: but they numb the navel now for to be pierced,
i had mine pierced moons ago when they didn't numb you at all,
just go get your tat, you will be fine

Its fine tell the tattooist to leave you unconcious till hes finished, no pain, lol.

Cx

Hi

I have 7 tattoos, 3 on my back, 2 lower 1 upper, 1 on back of my neck, 1 on my upper left arm, 1 on my bum and 1 on my right wrist, and I'm planning 1 on my foot and 1 on my thigh. The least painful one was my wrist, most painful was my bum, I think the fleshier the area the more it hurts, but it really does depend on your own pain threshold to be honest. I have had 3 babies so I think personally mine is quite high, (I didn't have any pain relief for any of them).

I have my boyfriends name on my wrist and i love it, its a really pretty place to have a tattoo in my opinion x

I think everyones pain thresholds are different so you've no idea whether it will be painful or not till you have it done :)
When i had mine, i remember the tattooist saying that the younger girls usually made the most fuss-lol.
Mine took 5 hours in all and can honestly say that it didn't bother me in the slightest. I had mine done on my lower back and i only felt a little twinge when it went on to a fatty bit- it was absolutely fine on the bone.
I do have a high pain threshold though. I remember having a major stomach op and 2 nurses came to help me out of bed after as they said it would be very painful and hard to walk. Had to tell them i'd already been out of bed as i'd seen a chocolate machine down the hall and just had to have some!
The longer you think about it the worse you will be-just do it!!

I have them on mi back, ankle and upper arm and think all of them were bearable. like was said earlier give me a tattoo instead of a bikini/underarm wax anyday rofl:):)

I think ill go for the wrist then. Left wrist.

If i pass out i pass out, just got to deal with it im sure child birth would be much worse!!

I think i do have a high pain threshold as every now and then i get an absess in my tooth and that absoloutly kills to the point that i cry! So i rekon ill cope fine.
Thanks for everyones contribute lol
x

Latest posts

Back