Getting all employees back to work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbright95

Reaction score
Ive got a 4 chair salon and am aware than I'm most likely only going to have 2 in use.
What is everyone doing about the staff situation? I have 2 full time stylists (including myself), a stylist who works only Fridays and Saturdays, and a
n apprentice.
Ive seen a lot of people online saying they are "splitting shifts" but does this not mean their hours are going to be cut for some? Interested to know what employers are doing about the staff situation as I am a little lost on whats best for both salon and stylists.

I'm in a salon with 4 employed staff (one now on mat leave) and 3 self employed stylists and a stand alone beauty business.
Normally we would open Tuesday- Saturday but now will open 7 days a week.
The self employed stylists will all work Tuesdays, and have 2/3 in on a Saturday and slot another day in between.

This means that the employed team have been split between the additional sunday and monday, and the 3 late night days to reduce the numbers.

None of us will be working at the same capacity to begin with as we wont have a waiting area, or clients slotted in whilst a colour develops.
Maybe we will see 'smarter' work- more treatments, colour refreshes, etc as many clients will be desperate and columns wont be as packed out as previously.

There will also be a price increase encouraged.

Latest posts

Back