Getting an assistant - nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_sabrina_

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting an assistant to help me out in the salon...but have no idea how to go on about it. I have someone in mind who does nails who I was going to ask, but can anyone help me as in terms of payment. Do I pay by the hour or per service done?
I'm not seeing her doing a whole service, just buffing off the nail art and prepping the nail, helping with appointments, calls and such. Right now I take about 1hr15mins for a refill and I'm aiming to reduce it to 1hr with some help.
Any ideas please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you need an apprentice rather than assistant! It may vary but in Cheshire £3.00 per hour 30 hrs per week plus in some areas £1500 towards her wages after 12 weeks! You help each other! You show her your skills and help her develop and she helps you prep / soak off/ reception and more as she gets units under her belt! Pm me for info about how the high street spa franchise embeds apprentices into our entire business model!

You will need to pay her by the hour, at least min wage for her age.

Xx

I personally wouldn't let anyone do my clients prep but myself.
As everyones said you still need to have her on the books and pay her min wage x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

as a client... i would hate someone else do the prep and then someone else apply to product. its a pet hate of mine. just saying!

as a client... i would hate someone else do the prep and then someone else apply to product. its a pet hate of mine. just saying!

When I was a client I wanted the business owner to do my nails. If I couldn't have her time (which I paid a premium for) I would wait till I could.
I'm not sure a 'production line' approach to the service would seem right to me. Just my opinion.

Thanks for your input ladies it's nice to see different point of views...I am still thinking about it xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back