Getting back to basics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twinkle

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm an old member that came out of the business a few years ago due to family commitments.
I'd love to get back into the industry, but looks like a lot has changed.
I was offering my client mobile home beauty and was one of the first in my area to offer this so I had a lot of clientele.

One being about refresher courses, since been out of the business I have not kept up with any of my treatments that I use to offer. ( mainly tanning, nails and lashes)
or do I offer treatments for friends and family to gain practice again?

Hi all, I'm an old member that came out of the business a few years ago due to family commitments.
I'd love to get back into the industry, but looks like a lot has changed.
I was offering my client mobile home beauty and was one of the first in my area to offer this so I had a lot of clientele.

One being about refresher courses, since been out of the business I have not kept up with any of my treatments that I use to offer. ( mainly tanning, nails and lashes)
or do I offer treatments for friends and family to gain practice again?
In the current situation you may be better of at least starting with friends and family to practice, but if you feel like you need or want some refresher courses you could totally go for that too :)

I've been wanting to do some more hair courses lately but it's looking more and more difficult.
Hoping to find some online video classes because of the current situation, so maybe that could work for you too? But I have spent a while creating a set up that will work to learn on a video call haha

Hi I'm in the same boat as you, feel out of practice so what I've decided is to do treatments on family, friends to build my confidence and do some product training online as when you change/use a brand they will do there own training. I wouldn't recommend online learning to anyone who hasn't done this but since your qualified you have the basics it's just a case of jogging your memory.
I have a micro current machine so just ordered some products for that to use on my partner and 16 yr old son, they have offered me free demos online and when they are next in my area I can join in a live class.
I have also just ordered the glitterbels acrylic kit to practice my acrylics not sure how long that gonna take lol, I'll be doing these on myself and a practice hands, glitterbels also do refresher courses for qualified techs for only £45. X

Latest posts

Back