Getting clients into a regular waxing schedule

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathi44

Bliss
Reaction score
How do you get your regular Brazilian / intimate wax clients into a regular schedule? I can tell my clients at every treatment that they need to book in 4/5 weekly for the best possible results (and explain why) but they (mostly) will leave it as long as possible between treatments (some 8-10 weeks!) or until they can't stand it any longer. I've explained that their treatment would be a lot quicker & less uncomfortable for them, but it makes no difference. I've had 2 this week where I've had to trim first, and one who'd left it so long she'd "had to" shave her bikini line inbetween (!?!) I'm not totally convinced it's cost related (or not just about the cost) but I'm starting to wonder about offering an incentive for clients that do book 4-weekly. Any bright ideas?? :) Cx

You could offer a discount on paying for three waxings up front but put a time limit on using up the appointments?

I have to admit being one of the aforementioned people!

As a busy working mum I can't always make the time and of course sometimes money is a factor. (It was my inability to get beauty treatments conveniently in my local area that has bought me back into the beauty industry!)

But I just wanted to give some advice from a customers perspective. Last time I went to have my waxing done the beautician was so patronising and kept going on about how I should have it done more regularly and how much less painful it would be (in the end I had to tell her I had just come off my period and that I know how often I should be waxed!). I left the salon so annoyed that I never went back and certainly would not recommend any of my friends.

I'm not saying don't mention it to them, but do be aware of personal circumstances and whatever you do, don't go on about it and patronise your customers.

Maybe you could do an aftercare leaflet to give to people which would serve as a reminder?

Brilliant Karina B!! Thank you... that's so helpful. And exactly what I was worried about..... I am turning into the nagging, self-righteous beautician!!! Haha. And you sound like most of the clients I've broached it with. They do all get an aftercare leaflet & a Q&A leaflet about waxing, so in that sense they are informed. As a client myself I guess I'd feel the same as you, and even put off, if my beautician kept banging on about it. x

Most of mine book when they come because they know I'm always fully booked but usually new people ask how long and I say minimum 4 weeks but everyone's different and some go 5/6 or even 8 weeks depending on growth. I do say it's better if u come regularly because it's not so painful but I don't pressure them to book. It is expensive and some people can't do it that regularly but that's their prerogative. If I have to trim, I trim but I'm very matter of fact about the whole thing so as not to make them feel uncomfortable. All of my clients are emailed from Ovatu after their appointment to ask if they want to write a review and these all go on my website. All of them say that I'm welcoming and put them at ease and that's 50% of my job done I reckon.

I advise clients if they want to be regular waxers then every 4-6 weeks, but if they only want to come in for holidays and Christmas that's fine too ... I will wax them once a year if that is what they want :)

Thanks guys. I guess that answers my question! ;) I actually do agree with you from a clients' perspective. And it's really helpful to know it's not just my clients who stretch their waxing. As Cloughers says, I'd rather have happy, loyal clients than rigorously smooth, unhappy ones! :) x

I think maybe you could offer a 10% discount if they book their next waxing appointment with you at the time of that appointment. My hair dresser does this and it does encourage me to book there and then.

Latest posts

Back