Getting comfortable when doing a pedicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
Up until last week I've always done pedicures with the client on the treatment couch, I'm now in my new room and have clients in a Poang chair but I just can't get myself comfortable!

I've tried kneeling on the floor, sitting on a low stool also a slightly higher one. Either my back aches, my knees hurt or my bum goes numb!

I can't decide whether to have the clients feet on my knees or on top of my uv lamp.

And then do I have my legs crossed, or together and pointing in the same direction or apart either side of the lamp.

And towels!!! Dry filing the foot and skin dust was going everywhere apart from the towel lol

Honestly I feel like a newbie again......please share how you manage pedicures from a chair :oops:

I dont, I gave them up for exactly those reasons :confused: It stressed me out so much I couldn't sleep the night before for worrying so decided I didn't need to put myself through it and removed pedicures from my treatment list :oops:

Not helpful I know, but I thought I'd fist bump you in solidarity :p

I too have the Poang chair, maybe that the problem....can you go back to the beauty couch? If it aint broke, dont fix it! ;)

Thank Trin.....do you think it's also an age thing?! :eek:;)

I can't change back to the couch. I've just moved house and had a purpose built treatment room built from scratch and the layout won't allow for me sitting at the end of the couch anymore. I will happily change the chair though if that would make a difference.

I don't do full pedis (gave them up due to a back problem which has now sorted itself)

I don't believe giving a pedicure can ever be truly comfortable for the therapist in all honesty

And that's why they should be expensive [emoji4] lol

Edit to add: I do shellac on toes and have decided that kneeling for me is most comfortable, I'm getting a gardening type spongy mat soon as my knees get rough and it's not a good look

Thank Trin.....do you think it's also an age thing?! :eek:;)

I can't change back to the couch. I've just moved house and had a purpose built treatment room built from scratch and the layout won't allow for me sitting at the end of the couch anymore. I will happily change the chair though if that would make a difference.

I think it was more a 'fat' thing, not that I think you're fat, but I certainly was fatter then, probably around the size 22/24 so boobage was a problem, and hulking that bulk up and down wasn't fun either. I'd always forget something and have to get up and down, hated it so much.

I think the chair might be an issue.... I think if the client is much higher than you it works better, hence those massive pedi-throne style chairs with the built in foot bowls, they are a couple of feet (excuse the pun) higher than the tech who is sat on a little stool so seem to work well.

Any way of elevating your clients????

(I have said if I could afford one of those pedi-throne chairs I'd start doing pedicures again, but at £5k its not happening anytime soon!!)

ETA - I did buy one of those old fashioned padded round footstall things at a charity shop for about a fiver, I sit on that to do Shellac toes as they don't take quite so long and I can rest their foot on my knee, but it wouldn't work so well for massage etc.

I got a stool with leg rest from eBay. The stool moves down quite low so I'm close enough to the toes to see what I'm doing and the clients seem comfortable

Latest posts

Back