Getting contracts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkknailss

www.luxetanning.co.uk #Princess
Reaction score
So I've been thinking about how I can build my business in the future and what other avenues I can go down.

I was wondering how would I (us geeks) go about getting long or short term contracts with other business to 'guarantee' a regular income.
I mean things like modeling/dance/theater/drama schools, event company's, night clubs etc

Does anyone have experience of doing this? Any tips? How did the business relationship go? Is it something that worked or did you find lots of obstacles?

Unfortunately in this industry you can't guarantee an income. From anyone.
Other businesses can't Force people to come to you.

What you could do is offer a recommendation deal....they recommend day 5 clients and the gets a % off. Or a Free treatment

You could have a regular client for 6 months but it's not to say she won't go elsewhere.

Nothing is guaranteed I'm afraid :-(

Thought I would get a answer like that :)

But does anyone have experience having/getting a contract?

Thought I would get a answer like that :)

But does anyone have experience having/getting a contract?
I can't see a reason why someone would want a contract with yourself?
I presume you do hair and/or beauty and therefore it's a personal service. A company wouldn't have their staff etc contracted to go to someone. It's like an office having a contract with someone to give the whole office hair cuts. See what I mean?

I can't see a reason why someone would want a contract with yourself?
I presume you do hair and/or beauty and therefore it's a personal service. A company wouldn't have their staff etc contracted to go to someone. It's like an office having a contract with someone to give the whole office hair cuts. See what I mean?

I disagree.

If a company regularly needs the input of a therapist then they will often have 'preferred' therapists that they automatically go to. You still work independently but you might negotiate a different rate on the basis of guaranteed long term work. They might also offer a retainer.

I know MUAs that have a similar relationship with a TV company.

Good luck OP. Just because you haven't had the responses you wanted, doesn't mean it won't work!

I worked for a charity carrying out massages and They paid me a set amount and I did that for a year until funding was cut. I also know a girl who offers treatments at large office and Is paid by the company to offer treatments on their staff , not sure if that's the kind of thing you mean x

I used to have a contract with two of our local dance schools for hair, tans & makeup. On event or showcase nights I would do all students/staff makeup for a lower rate than I would otherwise due to the large mass. It started by speaking the one of the owners in a coffee shop, who then turned into a client, who then invited me to her studio. And the second was a brand new school whom I approached with a voucher for my salon and to say welcome to the neighbourhood, and she returned my warm welcome by asking for business cards to give to parents for event nights. Second example isn't a 'contract' per say, but they recommend me and list my details on paperwork regarding their show nights so more often than not, I do 70% or more of their students. Xx

Latest posts

Back