Getting married - What should I do for my skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fificharlie

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm getting married on 12th July next year, and really want my skin to glow.

At the moment my skin care regime is literally soap and water, with cliniques dramatically different gel as my makeup base. I've never even had a facial.

I hardly get any spots, and my skin is not very oily at all, and only very slightly dry sometimes. I do smoke, and its starting to show a little, my skin can look quite grey sometimes.

So - Do any geeks have advice on a skincare regime & products that will make my skin look tip top? How long before the wedding should I start?

Many thanks geeks xxx

sounds like you want a radience booster more than anything. Id say the collagen facials i do would be top notch for you, help re hydrate, reduce fine lines (good for smokers!!) and give you a nice boost and glow!

=]

I think that you should go and have a consultation and then try out some products which they have recommended for your skin type

AND I would say sooner rather than later - not that I'm saying you need it :smack: :smack: but it will give you chance to see what works best or you like and also that you don't react to any of the ingredients - wouldn't want to see you walking down the aisle with dry rough patches of dead skin or pimply spots now would we? :hug::hug:

What ever happens, I'm sure you will look radient - you can't beat happiness - imho it gives you the best glow and feeling ever :green::hug: and you will sure be happy on your wedding day :hug:

Oh and plenty of sleep - not too much of the under the duvet malarky :wink2: :Grope: before your big day :lol:

Oh and plenty of sleep - not too much of the under the duvet malarky :wink2: :Grope: before your big day :lol:

NO WAY!!!!

Its that 'malarkey' that will give you a gorgeous rosy glow and toned thighs!! lol.

:green:

Plenty of water every day matey too:hug:

blimmin ek' this has got a bit raunchy!!!

LOL - thanks geeks! x

Stop using soap and water ! Thats my first tip !

My advice would be book into a salon for a Facial and they will be able to talk you through a routine. cleanse, tone, moisturise etc. and all the other things you need to do !

Im sure they will give you some samples to and if they don't offer nails they might even put some business your way :)

I would start having facials right away everyone should be having them at least once a month.

Hiya
Congratulations on the wedding!:)

I would start having regular facials now as its never too early and begin a good skin care regime. it does not have to be expensive just find some good products that work for you. cleanse and tone am and pm if you can with maybe a light day moisturiser and then a heavier night one. face masks once a week and a good facial scrub once a week!
eat healthy, sleep well and drink lots and lots of water, this will get your skin in tip top condition.
try some different products especially for your skin type and choose ones that you are happy with.
hth xx:hug:

NO WAY!!!!

Its that 'malarkey' that will give you a gorgeous rosy glow and toned thighs!! lol.

:green:
:lol::lol::lol: Never thought of that - Fi - changed my mind to get a nice healthy glow just turn off the light and................... in the morning you will have a nice rosy glow :hug:

Invest in a good night cream also to give skin an extra boost and allow it to repair itself as you sleep xx

Hate to be the one to say it but im going to anyway:).The biggest difference you could make would be to give up smoking.We all know how bad it is for health but the difference it can make to your skin really is huge.
I think all beauty therapists can look at someones skin instantly and know whether they smoke or not.
Obviously if giving up is not an option as well as the skin care routine advise try using a cigarette holder when you can so its not so near your face.

Congratulations

The best thing to do is start having regular monthly facials. In my salon I use Dermalogica and I put brides on courses of facials and sell them the products for homecare. If your skin is grey and dull a course of 3 to 6 microdermabrasion would be ideal this would smooth and brighten the skin.:lol:

Heres my tips

Stop using soap and water, soap strips the skins mantle (like an invisible ozone layer around the skin of its natural moisture and oils) its best to use a cleanser for your skin type followed by toner and moisturiser (clarins is a good brand to start with

As others have said, try to give up smoking, again its the toxins that affect the skin and body and it also is ageing never mind damaging to the body (sorry dad has lung cancer caused by years of smoking so get a bit sad about it )

A night cream is good as is an eye cream

Regular facials also help

Lots of water, a good diet and not too many spicy foods also will help
hth's xx

Hate to be the one to say it but im going to anyway:).The biggest difference you could make would be to give up smoking.We all know how bad it is for health but the difference it can make to your skin really is huge.
I think all beauty therapists can look at someones skin instantly and know whether they smoke or not.
Obviously if giving up is not an option as well as the skin care routine advise try using a cigarette holder when you can so its not so near your face.

so can smoke externally make a diff to the skin then? i guess it can clog it up and make it dull. but quitting altogether will make the difference you want. i cant see that if your putting the crap in your body anyway, that stopping it from going by your face on the outside will make much difference.

it really is a perfect time to quit, just dont let it get too stressful or you may find yourself needin a fag lol.

Latest posts

Back