Getting massage oil out of towels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shellbert

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Was just wondering if anyone could recommend anything to help take massage oil out of couch towels?
I wash mine at home on a high temperature but they still feel as though the oil hasnt come out?
I always use dark ones anyway but thought I'd ask to see if anyone had any suggestions?

Many thanks
Shell x

Fairy liquid on the stain and leave to soak in a bowl. Then wash on a high temp. Works for pretty much all stains :) x

Hi
Its not stains I want to get rid of, its when a client has laid on the towel and the oil has absorbed into it!

I don't do massage any more but the lady who does massage on me (many years of experience) uses sunflower oil now because it doesn't stain and it washes out of towels very readily.

Hi
Its not stains I want to get rid of, its when a client has laid on the towel and the oil has absorbed into it!

In that case I'd still leave them to soak in a fairy liquid/hand wash mix for about a day then wash them in the machine. I know it's long but it should work x

hi, i have the same trouble, cant find anything that works, just keep replacing towels after so long as cant get the oily smell out xx

Very difficult to find something that takes the stains out.

I only use oil now when I have to and that is usually on guys who are particularly hairy, otherwise just massage creams for me these days and there are no issues with these staining or smelling after washing linens.

(It's en par with guys in the motor trade who come home covered in oil, that is nigh on impossible to get rid of too)!

Swarfega, I have used this on clothes before to remove engine oil !

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Have you considered switching from Cotton Towels to single use towels?
They are more cost-effective, convenient and you won't need to worry about removing oil from towels any longer.

I work for Easydry and we have a range of single use towels in different sizes from 30 x 20 cm to 210 x 80 cm. Visit our website and you can request a free sample if you'd like to try them - Eco Friendly Disposable Towels for Hair & Beauty Salons, Spas & Gyms - Easydry UK

Did anyone ever find the answer ? Can you get the smell of massage oil out of towels, Smell not stain, they are not stained, its grapeseed Oil!

Hi everyone
Was just wondering if anyone could recommend anything to help take massage oil out of couch towels?
I wash mine at home on a high temperature but they still feel as though the oil hasnt come out?
I always use dark ones anyway but thought I'd ask to see if anyone had any suggestions?

Many thanks
Shell x

You could try sprinkling with bicarbonate of soda and leaving a couple of hours before shaking off and washing it is good for getting rid of smells from anything especially carpets etc

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Washing oil stains in a domestic water-based washing machine will not eliminate the oils - oil doesn't break down in water! (As an example, if your car has had an oil-leak on your drive, no matter how much rain you have, the oil stain will still be there). In fact, this can actually be very dangerous if the items are then tumble-dried and left to sit in the dryer, or folded when still hot as they can spontaneously combust - be warned!

I don't pretend to be an expert about this, but was married to a dry-cleaner for 25 years who had TWO fires in his shops due to this!

As far as I am aware (been apart from ex for 4 years, so there may be new treatments that I am not aware of), the only way to really eliminate oil is to wash in a chemical spirit (ie dry clean). hth and be careful girls xxxx (and guys!)

Hiya! :)
As a former production manager in a laundry I can advice that only proffesional washing will eliminate the oils - stuff used for that wash is called emulsifier and you can't buy it yourself. Find a good local laundry and advised them on your issue, they will sort it out for you :)

I use Dawn dish soap to remove grease or oil stains. I was frying food the other day and happened to splatter my nice shirt with grease. I pretreated it with Dawn, and low and behold, all the oil stains were gone!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek mobile app

I've got dark sheets for my table xx

When you quote yourself, you know it's time for bed!! zZzZzZ

Latest posts

Back