Getting my tans out there!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r.bournemouth

Reaction score
Hello fellow tanner's

I have been doing tans for a while now and have my regulars witch i love i just want to get my self out there a little more! I think some people are a little put off that im a male doing it, what is everyone's thoughts on it? (yes im gay everyone) haha

Thank you guyss x

Hi another male tanner woohoo finally lol I have a massive client base full of women you need to get friends of friends post leaflets etc looking for male and females let me know how you get on what products do u use x

Hello fellow tanner's

I have been doing tans for a while now and have my regulars witch i love i just want to get my self out there a little more! I think some people are a little put off that im a male doing it, what is everyone's thoughts on it? (yes im gay everyone) haha

Thank you guyss x

I Just wanted to say good luck :) I don't think there's anything wrong with a male doing tanning. Good on you! x

I think some people may prefer a male tanner!! Good luck xx

I don't think it matters ur a male! Try and do a special offer and hopefully you will get a few more people who will tell their friends etc! That's what I'm doing this month lol. Good luck x

Hello fellow tanner's

Thank you guyss x

why do you need to confess to being gay...as if that matters a hoot :hug:

In so far as the actual question is concerned well the male grooming sector is one that is rapidly growing and certainly this is a market worth tapping into.

Now,gay or not,your a man and this is an advantage for you in that other males will indubitably feel more comfortable with a man applying a spray tan than a woman ...that is if you dont go shouting off the roof tops about your sexuality of course...unless of course you target specifically the gay sector which again is potentially a good sector to target :wink2:

So basically you are potentially in a win win situation

Good luck with your endeavors and do let us know how you get on

I am very groomed myself so pride myself on my tans. Can anyone think off any good mobile tanning names so far all i have come up with is "tan by a man"

HELP

think i'd prefer a male to tan me, to be honest,:o ha ha. good luck.xxxx

I think Collin is correct in saying that men would probably be more comfortable with a man tanning them, I tan quite a few guys and every one of them are so nervous the first time. Especially being a mobile therapist they feel more vulnerable at home with a stranger coming in and having to stand there in their boxers. The last guy told me he would have been a lot braver in a salon or even at work, but would be embarrassed to go to a salon and his work mates were already making fun of him. I find that I need to spend a little more time with the guys to set them at ease before I actually start the consultation.

So good luck, always keep a friendly, approachable and above all professional manner about you and you will do fine. Tapping into the gay market would be a huge money spinner for you or any of us really.:D

Latest posts

Back