Getting nails done-male?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypertry

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been wanting to get my nail done properly for a while but I have been quite nervous being male. How do places react are they friendly or is best to go for a home based technician? I am South Yorkshire based if that helps.

Well i am a gay guy but they don't care. You are another customer same as any woman waiting.

They Just use bigger tips. The ladies take the piss out of me saying you want them loooong?! Like claws lol.

But i have short Acrylics to stop me biting my nails, plus prevents accidentally staining with fake tan or hair tint.

I have 441 CND i think? Natural palest pink.

Closest gel to a natural nail.

And square shape i think. Had it done loads at diff salons.

They dont mind at all.

Hope this helps

Jake

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1491338136.062613.jpg

Last edited:
They wouldn't need to on me I have quite small hands lol. Thank you for the reply :).

Hello, although I am based in Canada, I can tell you that I personally don't care. A client is a client, female or male. I have a few guys as nail clients, and they are better at following my instructions (nail oil hellooo) than any of the female clients!
If anyone even looks at you funny when you ask, walk away and find someone that will book you in with a friendly smile. Good luck.

Thank you for the response, I just need to find someone local now :).

As biljana has said......male clients are always better at following after care than women :)
If you get any funny looks or remarks i would just walk out they are not worth spending your money in there salon. Such a shame im in the north west id love to do your nails for you :-(
Hope you find someone
Xxx

Well i am a gay guy but they don't care. You are another customer same as any woman waiting.

They Just use bigger tips. The ladies take the piss out of me saying you want them loooong?! Like claws lol.

But i have short Acrylics to stop me biting my nails, plus prevents accidentally staining with fake tan or hair tint.

I have 441 CND i think? Natural palest pink.

Closest gel to a natural nail.

And square shape i think. Had it done loads at diff salons.

They dont mind at all.

Hope this helps

Jake

View attachment 204287
They look lush!

I get my nails done I normally get clear on fingers and colour on my toes.

Hopefully I'll find someone local thank you everyone for the replies.

I have found money is green so most don't care and have even had success as a nail model for salons student techs and nail schools looking for people to practice on and or create website photos I actually have more bookings than I can take just be yourself be polite tip very well and you will have no worries here is a before and after on me by a nail tech for her site she was looking to do a radical change nail makeover to expand her trans client market so she did a male to female nail makeover feel free to reach out and go for it.

Attachments

• IMG_1017.JPG
    IMG_1017.JPG
    850.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0980.JPG
    IMG_0980.JPG
    684.2 KB · Views: 51
Hopefully I'll find someone local thank you everyone for the replies.
Have you tried nailz by malez? It's located in Sheffield and it's run by three lovely guys, you might feel more at ease with a man doing them :)

I found a mobile tech to do it in the end. Typing and texting is a mission. Thanks for the suggestion anyway :).

Latest posts

Back