Getting new clients when starting in a new salon help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairxByxMollie

Reaction score
I will be starting self employed in a salon within two weeks its based 10 minutes from a town centre but there is a barbers right next door which sits on the corner so people passing buy mainly see the barbers and not the salon.
there is other stylist which is self employed too but she mainly does mobile so most of the time i will be alone.

does anyone have any offers or discount ideas to draw clients in?
i already use Facebook and Instagram to promote so any methods on them too?xx

Do you have a window that you could put a large eye catching poster in offering a % discount for new clients? Also, does the salon have an A board.

theres a window but its frosted and no the salon doesnt but i could look into getting one

you have got to let people know you exist and what you can do. i would definitely get a decent sign made or a board outside on the pavement if possible. a good facebook that you update regularly with pictures of before and afters, put your ad on all the selling sites. my friend does £10 Tuesday...blow dries for a tenner (for a limited time)...once they're in the seat its easy to sell them a colour etc. 10 or 20% off flyers to give the gents in the barbers to give their females. word of mouth is always your best advertising. go the extra mile with new clients, make them feel great and they will tell everyone and your jobs done :) best of luck!

Latest posts

Back