Getting new clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess88

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I will be renting a room in a salon in the next couple of weeks and have been working on my advertising and am not sure if I should offer a discount of 20% off first vist?

I want to do this to get people in but my worry is that I will get a lot of one off deal chasers that don't come back and then I end up doing extentions at £20 all the time instead of the £25 I want to charge

Does anyone think this will be successful or is there a better way of doing a discount without being so much out of pocket??

Hi,

In my personal opinion, I wouldn't offer 20% off as an introductory offer-it does tempt people in without a doubt but it will probably be more the one-offers instead of building a regular client base. Instead I would advertise and emphasise the treatments you offer, and possibly introduce a loyalty scheme-my customers recieve a free manicure after they have had five, for example. You want people to come to you based on the fab service you offer rather than the cut-price offers. Another good thing to try is offering a free glass of champagne to new customers!!! Best of luck to you xx

Hi,

In my personal opinion, I wouldn't offer 20% off as an introductory offer-it does tempt people in without a doubt but it will probably be more the one-offers instead of building a regular client base. Instead I would advertise and emphasise the treatments you offer, and possibly introduce a loyalty scheme-my customers recieve a free manicure after they have had five, for example. You want people to come to you based on the fab service you offer rather than the cut-price offers. Another good thing to try is offering a free glass of champagne to new customers!!! Best of luck to you xx

An open evening is another good way to attract customers-allows them to see what you offer and you could suggest anyone booking an appt while they are there could get 10% off? Xx

Another great idea that worked for me was to say that the client gets 20% discount but only if she books for her and a friend. Then you have two possible clients and they both get the discount. Then what you can do to promote word of mouth is to tell clients to refer two friends and when those ladies book and confirm the reference then the client who refered them can get a discount voucher. The discount voucher is usually (in my case) about 25% discount towards any treatment above a certain amount just to ensure you don't loose anything.

Latest posts

Back