Getting rid of green hair help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lydmakeup

Reaction score
Hello,
so I’ve had a dark emerald green in my hair for a few weeks and it’s just absolutely ridiculous. Stained bath, stained hands, almost never the correct colour, too blue, too green, not dying correctly, it’s just getting silly!

So I’ve made the decision to move on from this colour which I know is a task as I also wear human hair sew in extensions.
I’m not too bothered about what colour I end up, I just don’t really want to bleach my hair and extensions.
I was thinking about going over the green with an orange hair dye to neutralise, and then over the top of that with a dark copper to again neutralise but also still look pretty. Would this be the correct thing to do? Or will I just end up with a patchy mess? Any advice will be taken on board!
Thankyou!

Is the green a direct dye or an oxidised tint? There are different solutions according to the products used.

It’s a temporary dye x

Hello,
so I’ve had a dark emerald green in my hair for a few weeks and it’s just absolutely ridiculous. Stained bath, stained hands, almost never the correct colour, too blue, too green, not dying correctly, it’s just getting silly!

So I’ve made the decision to move on from this colour which I know is a task as I also wear human hair sew in extensions.
I’m not too bothered about what colour I end up, I just don’t really want to bleach my hair and extensions.
I was thinking about going over the green with an orange hair dye to neutralise, and then over the top of that with a dark copper to again neutralise but also still look pretty. Would this be the correct thing to do? Or will I just end up with a patchy mess? Any advice will be taken on board!
Thankyou!
Orange won't neutralise green very well, you will still be left with a very warm /sludgy colour. You need red in your formula. Be careful with layering colour over direct dyes, more often than not they don't work the same was as oxidative colour when it comes to neutralising.

Latest posts

Back