getting rid of the wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

july

Reaction score
Hi, guys! Had a nitemare appointment tonite, I was running late and was hungry and tired while doing a mobile waxing -not a good combination! Right at the end, when I was getting my stuff ready, I managed to spill the holl pot of wax on my client's laminate flooring.
Couldn't believe it!! Is there anything I can do to get rid of it???
Please help!

Tnks

July

Oh hun - what a nightmare - heres a :hug: from me.

At least it wasnt on a carpet. One of the things that can help to remove wzx from an area is to apply wax strips over and area and then put a warm iron over the top so the wax melts and absrobs into the strip. I would be very careful of the heat affecting the laminate though.

Have you tried the wax removal cleaner that most wax suppliers have. I use this if I ever get wax on the salon floor and it works wonders.

i really feel for you...

reminds me of the time i spilt monomer on an elderly client's lovely white painted kitchen table. We cleaned it up and it looked fine, she was so lovely about it.

Two weeks late i went back to do her infils, the table looked better than ever. I asked her if the table was ok after the spillage. she told me she had to get a painter in to sand down the whole table surface and re-paint the the table the exact colour as the legs and matching chairs.

I was so embarrassed and upset about this, but she was so lovely to me and kept saying my nails were so great that i was worth it. I even tried not to take any money for the nails i did but she insisted on paying and kept stuffing the money into my pockets when i was leaving. i also offered to pay for the repairs. but she wouldn't hear of it.

I still visit her every two weeks to do her nails, she bought a special table top protector and i have never had another spillage since.

Im so grateful for my lovely kind elderly customer.

After you cleaned up what you can with paper towels, put baby oil on it and gently scrape it off with one of those scraper you get paint off windows with. Make sure you don't scrape too hard.

Or you could try.

Frozen veggies/ice from the freezer.
Wipe up what you can & place paper towel on spilt wax, frozen matter [ice,veggies etc] on top of paper towel & wait a couple of minutes. Use a scraper to remove.
An alternative to leaving oil residue on the clients floor.

HtH

XX J XX

Or you could try.

Frozen veggies/ice from the freezer.
Wipe up what you can & place paper towel on spilt wax, frozen matter [ice,veggies etc] on top of paper towel & wait a couple of minutes. Use a scraper to remove.
An alternative to leaving oil residue on the clients floor.

HtH

XX J XX

It is an alternative........... but be careful of not taking the coating off the laminate flooring!

I once spilled some warm wax on my parquet floor and I was in a right panic about it. Granted it wasn't a full pot of wax but a large dollop none the less. I scraped up most of it quickly with spatulas then the rest came up with paper wax strips and I kept going until all sticky residue had gone. It didn't do any harm to my polished floor but I am not sure about laminate flooring.

I had another incident where 3Ibs of paraffin wax dropped out of a bag they were in onto my radiator pipes (5inch thick ones) and melted the paraffin wax over my brand new carpet. The insurers came and took a corner of carpet with paraffin wax on to see if it would clean. Two weeks later they phoned to tell me to choose another floor covering as the carpet was going to be wrote off, the paraffin wasn't going to come out of the carpet. I got laminate flooring down after this .. a lot easier to clean lol!!

Best of luck :hug:

Thanks, guys, I felt so down about it all day. Plus my back hurts because the portable table is quite low and I'm tall. So, I've decided I'm not going to do mobile anymore, not worth it.
I've contacted my insurance to see what they say, they said they'll pop a claim form throught the post, but would this mean that my premium next year will go up?? Also, do you think I can claim for my pot of wax as well? I threw it away, it was covered in wax.
Cheers

Jules

Latest posts

Back