getting shine on creative acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikidee

Reaction score
Hi

i just started the creative foundations L & P course and my tutor buffed the nails at the end and got a 'glass like' shine on the nail. when i tried this all of my nails are dull and look like normal nails.

can anyone help me ?

am i buffing wrong or using the wrong tools!!

thanks

Nikki X

how are you doing it and with what....?

try wiping you buffer with scrub fresh before this cleans all the oil off and wipe over the nail aswell then when they are buffed put oil on again HTH

I always use my Boomerang Buffer to remove any big scratches then my Koala smooth side (1200 grit) with a little Solar Oil to smooth then wipe off any excess oil and buff with my Girlfriend to finish.
This gives a beautiful finish very shiny hths:hug:

we were taught to use a (i think) 180/110 file to remove the lumps from the acrylic and then use koala 240 side then 1200 side with solar oil then the three way buffer black then white then grey

i hope this makes sense

Nikki

btw do you have to produce perfect nails to pass the creative L & P course?

try wiping you buffer with scrub fresh before this cleans all the oil off and wipe over the nail aswell then when they are buffed put oil on again HTH

Does'nt Scrub fresh contain the tiniest amount of acetone and should therefore not be used on the acrylic, only the natural nail?

Does'nt Scrub fresh contain the tiniest amount of acetone and should therefore not be used on the acrylic, only the natural nail?

brief contact with acetone will not damage them, its only when they are sitting in acetone for a while that they begin to break down.

Ask your tutor, then write down everything she did and everything she used.

Use a girlfriend buffer. You use the black end first, then the white end and then the grey side............ should come up lovely and glossy!:)

Hi

i just started the creative foundations L & P course and my tutor buffed the nails at the end and got a 'glass like' shine on the nail. when i tried this all of my nails are dull and look like normal nails.

can anyone help me ?

am i buffing wrong or using the wrong tools!!

thanks

Nikki X

Hiya hun,have you had a good read of your course notes ? They will help loads :!:

Ok the first thing i would say (and this will take a little time) is sculpt with your brush,there shouldn't be any lumps. Sculpting with your brush means less refining.

If i were you i would concentrate on that first of all,once you have got the hang of it then concentrate on the buffing.

Rome wasn't built in a day :D

Hth's x

Hiya hun,have you had a good read of your course notes ? They will help loads :!:

Ok the first thing i would say (and this will take a little time) is sculpt with your brush,there shouldn't be any lumps. Sculpting with your brush means less refining.

If i were you i would concentrate on that first of all,once you have got the hang of it then concentrate on the buffing.

Rome wasn't built in a day :D

Hth's x

Hi, I agree with Becki, I would focus on your application first, worry about finish later (although theres no harm in asking your educator how she did it). If you get good clean application with a good line of light, the finish will be easy to do, but this is not so easy on the standard of nails you will be doing at foundation stage. I'm not trying to offend by saying that, but I can clearly remember what my own nails were like on the foundation course!!
Good luck, I hope you are enjoying the course, you will get the hang of it, just keep practising.

Best wishes

After you've got it as smooth as possible with all the other files & buffers use a Creative Glossing Buffer (green side first and then white side) to get the high shine you're after.
You'll see the 'line of light' if you've got it smooth.
HTHs

Latest posts

Back