getting spots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big miss nails

Reaction score
hiya iv never suffered with spots on my face but the last 2 weeks i keep getting them..At the moment i have 3 on my face.....i wear make up and have never washed it off at night .....i did try taking the make up off but ended up with spots! so i stopped.........iv been feeling a bit down in the dumps just lately could this be why??

Im using my hair to hide my spots.....:irked:

Firstly you should really keep your skin clean at night,removing all traces of make up.Sometimes people seem to get spots because they leave a residue of make up remover on the skin and dont use a toner to remove this.

It could easily be because you are run down.Our skin mirrors are inner self.So if we are unwell or feeling depressed or low then the hair and skin usually ends up with some skin problem or other.

I would start with a good skincare regime from today.It takes time for the skin to adjust so dont expect miracles after a couple of days.Use an exfoliant 2 to 3 times a week to remove the dead skin cells.

Dont keep swapping over with different products or you can overload the skin and this can also cause spots.

Drink lots of water to flush out those toxins and watch that you eat healthily.HTH:hug:

Thankyou for your reply.......what prodcuts are good?

i never drink water only coke.....i hate tea and coffee.. but i'm going to try and drink more water

Thankyou for your reply.......what prodcuts are good?

i never drink water only coke.....i hate tea and coffee.. but i'm going to try and drink more water

What are you using at the moment,when you cleanse,LOL:) ?

Did you use soap by any chance to wash your make-up off ?

Did you use soap by any chance to wash your make-up off ?
yes i use soap on the occasions i have washed my make up off.........years ago before i started to wear make up i used clearasel aswell

Stop using the soap !! :smack:

I agree with babsann, chances are when you've washed your make-up off you've left some soap & bits of make-up residue behind which is why you've got the spots.

If you can go to one of your local salons and ask for a sample of cleanser,toner & moisturiser for your skin type to try, you will definetly see the benefits :) or the big department stores will be able to give you samples to.

yes i use soap on the occasions i have washed my make up off.........years ago before i started to wear make up i used clearasel aswell
:lol: hi my daughter was using clearasel and got more spots and finally she listened to my advise and stopped! we both now use the clineque 3 step system, she rarely gets any spots now, i`ve used it for years with no probs. also try washing your makeup brushes more often as bacteria hides in them

Get ready to tell me off..............nothink
LOL sorry I didn't reply but Bombinigirl has said the same as what I would.Maybe even splash out on a facial and get a skin analsysis that way they can help you with what products best suit your skin type and you will walk out of the salon feeling like you have a new skin.Xmas is not far away maybe get someone to treat you to a GV.

We use Darphin in our salon and there is a product called rebalancing,this is excellent,however there are lots of great products on the market and I am of coure biased.I wouldn't want to recommend anything without first seeing a persons skin though.HTH:hug:

LOL sorry I didn't reply but Bombinigirl has said the same as what I would.Maybe even splash out on a facial and get a skin analsysis that way they can help you with what products best suit your skin type and you will walk out of the salon feeling like you have a new skin.Xmas is not far away maybe get someone to treat you to a GV.

We use Darphin in our salon and there is a product called rebalancing,this is excellent,however there are lots of great products on the market and I am of coure biased.I wouldn't want to recommend anything without first seeing a persons skin though.HTH:hug:
thankyou babe for your reply im hinting of my partner for chrimbo.....fingers crossed it works

exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate.....its a must

Great for this are the technicians choice nail wipes actually....they are fab as they exfoliate. After cleansing i use them with my toner and my skin is the best its ever been. You can get them from H Group..(designer nails) and i think ??? Sally's sells them too.

Thankyou angie i'll look in sally up b.leys at the weekend xx:)

i hate spots.....

exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate.....its a must

Great for this are the technicians choice nail wipes actually....they are fab as they exfoliate. After cleansing i use them with my toner and my skin is the best its ever been. You can get them from H Group..(designer nails) and i think ??? Sally's sells them too.

Actually exfoliating too much can cause more spots,so this is not actually a good idea.

If you exfoliate more than say 3 times a week,as recommended,the skin will be stripped of it's natural oils.The PH balance of the skin will cause the skin to dry out and can leave the skin prone to irritation and infection and possibly more spots.Which you dont want.HTH

hiya iv never suffered with spots on my face but the last 2 weeks i keep getting them..At the moment i have 3 on my face.....i wear make up and have never washed it off at night .....i did try taking the make up off but ended up with spots! so i stopped.........iv been feeling a bit down in the dumps just lately could this be why??

Im using my hair to hide my spots.....:irked:

Hi, I use to get spots and tried various skin products but wasnt having much luck, that was untill i started using the " Simple " skin care range, its not coloured or perfumed and dosn't cost much to purchase, since using it my face has been very clear. :) .x HTH

Latest posts

Back